Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Talk me out of being scared from tire rub/selling new tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Talk me out of being scared from tire rub/selling new tires

I just bought 285/70/17 Dueler revo 2s and they rub. I literally drove home and posted them on kijiji to sell because it scares me that I will fuck something up. Should I? I dont understand where to start trimming.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
When you rub, stop, get out, look where its touching and then go from there.... thats what i think ill end up happening if i go up to 285's

Edit, How much of a lift do you have?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
dont be scared.... haha
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
dont be scared.... haha
And this haha. im just trying not to be scared as i have a 12' haha i think though after a year of having it and already modding it will only be the first cut that will hurt.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
just trim the bottom of teh fenders where its rubbing then problem solved
Old 10-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Your truck is going to explode! Run very far away!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol no but i hate the sound of rubbing and with all these new parts my past experiences where horrible modding vehicles and im ready to start thinking about putting it back to stock. I ordered the cab mount chop pieces from JLee today and Im going out to cut the plastic. Did you guys actually cut the blue (mine is SWB, or whatever color you have) on the fender? or just the black part?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine with just the black plastic and the cab mount and thanks for the order
Old 10-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You should be fine with just the black plastic and the cab mount and thanks for the order
ya I just got the email. Thanks. I hope this works because I hate the rubbing. The revos are amazing on the road though, 10 times the road tire my BFG ats were. I really want to keep them
Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
If i Get any rubbing after i spend few G's on wheels and tires i will be grabbing my dremel and having a beer to make them work, seriously from the trimming ive seen on tacomas you seriously have to be looking for the trimming to see it.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
It says in your details that your 5100's are only set at 1.75''. The first thing I would do, if they are still set that low, is get them set to 2.5". Then you will have less rubbing and less to trim.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
If they are at 2.5" just go out to your truck with a box cutter/some kind of knife/snips, turn the wheel left and cut what is touching, turn the wheel right and cut what is touching. It's just plastic that nobody is ever going to notice unless they have their head in your fender.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What did you end up with for alignment #'s ?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What did you end up with for alignment #'s ?
2.6 and 2.9 caster and the camber and toe we close to 0
Old 10-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #19
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
What are your lR ucas set at? And whats the backspacing on your wheels?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
2.6 and 2.9 caster and the camber and toe we close to 0
Why the difference in caster , road crown BS ?