Terra Grap MT????? Your review??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Tacoma343 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jesse
Tacoma343's Tacoma Gallery
Terra Grap MT????? Your review??

Went to Americas Tire today to start the tire process and I really like the look of these in 265 with 17" Pro Comp 7005. Guy at America Tire said their not a good street tire, that ill burn through them quick and they will usually Cup after 20,000 or so miles.

Who's got em? And can somebody give me some good info! It's either these or Terra Grap AT!

TRAIL GRAPPLER NOT TERRA GRAPPLER... Sorry guys! Want Trail Grap review!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
Went to Americas Tire today to start the tire process and I really like the look of these in 265 with 17" Pro Comp 7005. Guy at America Tire said their not a good street tire, that ill burn through them quick and they will usually Cup after 20,000 or so miles.

Who's got em? And can somebody give me some good info! It's either these or Terra Grap AT!
Do you mean Trail Grappler?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #3

Firefighter:
Yes Sorry! Lol what a douch!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #4

Firefighter:
Trail Grappler not Terra....
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
I've had two sets of Terra Grapplers and no complaints. Great quiet hwy manners and good off road.
Sorry no experience with Trail Graps, but they do indeed look sick as hell.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #7

Firefighter:
BUMP!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
My Trails are holding up good so far. 8K or so-On and Off road.

I guess it'll be a while longer before I see any cupping based on what your guy said...but I'm not convinced.
How noisy are they at hwy speeds Mark?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #9

Firefighter:
Morning bump!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #10

Firefighter:
BUMP!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
considering getting a set of these too, since they are a few hundred cheaper than toyos.

So when you asked the guy at the tire shop are you sure you weren't asking about Terra Grapplers ??
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
T1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
T1no33's Tacoma Gallery
I've been shopping around the Trails look amazing. I asked 2 local guys that have them and they said they do make some noise and the noise gets worse after wear. Neither of them complained about cupping. They both said if my truck is my daily driver to go with the Terra Grapplers as they last longer and are make much less noise. One of the guys is a Toyo Mechanic so I trust him.

Can someone please explain to the new guy what "bump" means when people post it??? I have no clue!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #14

Firefighter:
I am being sarcastic... I've posted like 5 threads so far on different subjects with very little response, I'm guessing its because I didn't buy a membership and all my posts start in non bold writing plus I wrote the wrong tire to start this thread... Jackass! Lol anyway yes I'm very interested in Trail Graps but I'm getting the feeling with the lack of response here not to many guys have them so I'm thinking Terra Grapplers... I'll post pics of 2011taco truck in a second!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
considering getting a set of these too, since they are a few hundred cheaper than toyos.

So when you asked the guy at the tire shop are you sure you weren't asking about Terra Grapplers ??
No I was asking about Trails I just wrote Terra in my first post like a dummy
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
T1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
T1no33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
not sure if your being sarcastic but

bump is just when you post so the thread gets bumped to the top, so it will have a better chance people will see it..
Thanks for the explanation about "bump" I had NO IDEA.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
The Trail grappler is one of the best mud terrain tires on the market right now if you are doing mostly street and some offroading but still want an aggeressive look. Mileage seems to be great, they are more quiet than others and do great off road.

P.S. - There is no membership fee.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #18
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
My Trails are holding up good so far. 8K or so-On and Off road.

I guess it'll be a while longer before I see any cupping based on what your guy said...but I'm not convinced.
Same. Have roughly 8k miles on mine and they are wearing perfectly. If you put a new one next to mine you would probably have a hard time finding out which one was the new one other than mine are dirty.

Road noise is loud, I would say in around 60 dB or so. Doesn't bother me really as I always have my radio up pretty loud. Having a conversation with someone else in the vehicle is kind of a task if they are in the back seat. Lots of "what's" and "huh's."

Edit: Agreeing with Jeff, I've run the original BFG KM M/T's and that was my favorite tire by far. These trail grapplers are very aggressive and haven't let me down (unless I was absolutely trying to get stuck). I do think I'll buy another set when these are gone.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
toyoteciva98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trey
toyoteciva98's Tacoma Gallery
what size lift do i need to run 34x9.50 tsl on my 98 tacoma 4x4
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
toyoteciva98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trey
toyoteciva98's Tacoma Gallery
sorry not trying to butt in im new here and im having a hard time figuring out where to ask my question