Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Time to beat a dead horse? Wheel choices for noobs...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Question Time to beat a dead horse? Wheel choices for noobs...

Okay,

I need help. I have been looking through all of the wheel threads and I cannot find what I am looking for. I just purchased a 2010 TRD off road 6sp in mgm and the dealer is putting on a 6" lift and wheels and tires of my choice.

Being VERY new to this whole world I would like to here YOUR feedback as to which wheel and tire setup that you you go with (as long as they are 18x9 and 33x12.50)...I would REALLY appreciate if you could provide pics so I can see these wheels. I have been looking at the XD series and the Fuel series and saw some Konig's, but don't know exactly where to go.

I would like a little dish to the wheel and want them in black and a 18x9.
I already had picked out the Fuel Octanes, but the wife shot me down?!?!
Below is what they are going to go on!!

Thanks in advance,
-James

Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Well the more that I read the more it looks like I should just go with the 35's.
How much less functional would it be if I went with the 20" wheels instead of the 18's??
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #3

Army:
Anybody?? I know you guys are all sick to death of this subject though!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Im pretty sure 35s will look nice. But I think 20 inch wheels are not the way to go. I would go 18 at most. More tire>More rim
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #6

Army:
Thanks and yes. The decision and purchase happened yesterday. I went with the 18x9 xd addicts on a 35x12.50 Nitto Terra Grappler!! I wanted Methods but they didn't have them. My dealer bought my wheels, tires, and lift

Can't wait to see how it is going to turn out.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #8

Army:
Pics will be up when I get back from the desert the first couple of weeks of Nov.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTacoNoob View Post
I went with the 18x9 xd addicts on a 35x12.50 Nitto Terra Grappler!!
Can't wait to see how it is going to turn out.
Great choice.....I like the Addicts. You're gonna have to trim a good bit to wheel with the 35's though. This thread talks about it off & on....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html
Old 10-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
how the hell did you get the dealer to pay for that?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC06 View Post
With the markup on used tacomas these days I'm sure they didn't care
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #14

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC06 View Post
They are an off road truck dealer and specialize in lifted trucks...the pretty much do 6" lifts on all of their trucks, I just got to choose what wheel and tire package and unfortunately not the lift, because it is just a Fabtech stage 1 but I can make changes later...