Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Would love to hear some suggestions on Wheels N Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
soundbass is on a distinguished road
soundbass's Tacoma Gallery
Would love to hear some suggestions on Wheels N Tires

I am looking to lift my 07 Toyota Tacoma 3.5 or 4 in lift I have some some research, experience always works better, anyone know if one is better ProComp, Rough Country, RCD, Suspension lifts? I am looking for suggestions on tire packages as well, I am having a hard time finding rims I like, I am open to suggestions, I know I want chrome rims n to sty with 17's I do favor some of the ProComp wheels so far, I appreciate the input!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Truthfully I would stay away from all the lifts you mentioned. Have a look in the Suspension subforum for many better options. Checkout the OME 3" lift on Toytecs website.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you can't lift your truck more than 3" without a drop bracket or spindles.... Seeing you are a PreRunner, so my suggestion to you would look into some Lift Spindles. For the rear look into buying All Pro Expos.

Wheels?
Well that depends on what YOU like not anyone on here. Some companies I'll recommend, KMC, XD (under the same company as KMC), Fuel, Procomp. Also, get a wheel with a 4.5 back spacing!!! Why? To clear the UCA.

Tires?
Well, seeing you want to lift your truck, I'm assuming you want bigger tires? Do you want a Mud Terrain? Or an All Terrain?

For an A/T I suggest DuraTracs
M/Ts: Bfg KM2s, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Goodyear MTRs.

And for size, either 285 or 295s.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu suspension, FN wheels from JdMeF9SiR2, 275/70-17 and 255/75-17 are some fun 32" sizes. 255/80-17 and 285/70-17 are some 33" options. I would suggest All Terrains and not Mud terrains unless you wheel a lot in appropriate conditions.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Ya the typical decent lift for a Tacoma is 3 inches. There are a few options with the OME kit being the most expensive and the best all around, or just do a cheaper one (like I did) with a rear AAL and Eibach springs, and Bilstein 5100s all around. Be sure to check out the UCA threads to know what your getting into too.
For rims, the Procomp 7089s I have also come in chrome as a different model numbers. My friend has them and they are nice. I hate chrome but I like his rims.