Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

storing new tires to use later on???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
storing new tires to use later on???

found a deal on some new tires i dont wanna pass up, but i wont need to replace mine til first of the year or so, will the new tires dry or crack? whats best thing to do until i mount them on the truck later on??
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Store them in a cool, dry place that doesn't get direct sunlight. I store my fiance's winter tires for 7 or 8 months of the year. The tire shop puts each tire in it's own plastic bag and I just leave them stacked in the garage with some shims underneath to let air flow below them.