Notices

All Terrain Tacoma Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
bbullard is on a distinguished road
Name: Brenden
bbullard's Tacoma Gallery
All Terrain Tacoma Tires

Hey everyone, my names Brenden and I am new to the forum. The reason I am on here is because I need to purchase some tires for my 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Xtra Cab. It has 31x10.5x15 tires. The tires I have now have wire showing and I need to replace them asap! I am thinking about purchasing some new ones from treaddepot.com but can't decide which to get.

I will be mostly using them for highway but I do live in the country so will be doing some offroading. But most of my miles are highway. Also, my pricing is limited to these tires. Any input is greatly appreciated. Below are ones I've looked at so far.

Kumho Venture KL78

Kumho Venture KL61

General Grabber AT2

BFG Rugged Terrain T/A

BFG All Terrain KO T/A

Edit: After reviewing shipping prices a few of these may be out of my price range. I want to spend no more than $675 installed. Cheaper is preferred!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Of those choices I'd say the BFG AT and the Generals are your best options.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I concur. I probably wouldn't consider the others myself.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Just checked out shipping prices at treaddepot.com! Holy S**t. $150!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Check out tirerack. They will ship for free to an authorized installer near you
Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbullard View Post
Just checked out shipping prices at treaddepot.com! Holy S**t. $150!
Try Discount Tire..................they seem to get great reviews on here and if you have one local they will usually match or beat any online price.

Welcome
Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Hey you might look here:

https://www.treadwright.com/c-7-31-10-5r15.aspx
Old 10-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
Okay thanks. Also, although I don't usually support walmart, they have Nexen Roadian ATII for $127 each and includes installation! Anyone heard of this tire?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Take a look at Hankook Dynapro ATM. The guys at Discount Tire said they were great tires, customers were very satisfied, and price was good.
Dynapros are great tires, used to have a set
Quote:
Okay thanks. Also, although I don't usually support walmart, they have Nexen Roadian ATII for $127 each and includes installation! Anyone heard of this tire?
Nexen, not so much.....
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Also try OnlineTires.com

I'd go with the Grabber AT2. Also check out the Cooper AT3.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
discount tire direct usually has best prices from what ive seen...

most shops mount and balance for about $15 a tire...atleast where i have gotten them done
Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
A few years ago I got a set of pro comp extreme all terrains for the same price as the BFG AT. 4 wheel parts was the site I believe. Take some time and shop around
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #15
Is it worth spending an additional $130 for the Grabbers over the Nexens? Will there really be THAT much of a difference?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #16
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is it worth spending an additional $130 for the Grabbers over the Nexens? Will there really be THAT much of a difference?
YES! Suck it up and get a quality set of tires. Bet the Grabbers will live twice as long.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #17
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the Cooper AT3, it's a good value.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #18
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That will be up too you....

How careful are you at "Maintaining" your tires ???? Do you rotate and air them up often, hardly, or just drive them till they wear out ???

Will purchasing the tires at Walmart force you to use their FREE sevices to HELP keep those Nexens ???

I just priced out tires in July with the same results; Kellys were cheapest,Nittos were priced "right" and Michelins were top tier but I don't drive enough to justify them...I had ordered the Nitto's but ;

Then a "TW Deal" happened to fall in my lap and I purchased General Grabber AT2's for a GREAT price..(thanks again Stefan )...
These tires are everything that has been printed;rain,mud,sand plus aired-down climbing and IF I keep up with them they will last 50-60k....

The biggest difference is you drive a great deal of highway miles while I drive 8 miles a day round trip and maybe a few hundred on the weekends..my MPG's will not be effected by heavier LT Grabbers ...

My high mileage traveling is with my Ridgeline and that has Michelins on it...simply put..when driving to Florida 2-3 times a year I want tires that are worry free with GREAT mileage for wear and MPG's...These do that and beyond BUT are $$$$
Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #20
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i picked mine up from the local discount tire. i got the Nitto terra grapplers LOVE them! about to go play/explore some service roads agin.