Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Keep 265s or get 275s?

View Poll Results: Should I get 275s or keep this size?
265 19 44.19%
275 24 55.81%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Keep 265s or get 275s?

I always have this feeling that my tires and wheels look small. This is my current look and I'm wanting to get duratracs soon. What do you think? Keep this size or go 275? Lift is 2" in the rear, 2 1/2" in front.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And the truck isn't really on flat. The front looks a tad bit taller on flat, but not much taller.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I like my 275/70/17's but next time I'm going 255/80/17
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
His 275 is a 32x11. The 255 he's going to get is about 33x10.

You could fit 32s more easily.

255/85/16s would fit your 16" wheels but I'm not sure you'd want to trim all that much without three inches of lift-ish. . .
Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
How much trimming?
No rub with my 275's and 2 1/2" of lift
Old 10-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No rub with my 275's and 2 1/2" of lift
+1 and I don't think that they look small but I came from a 254/75/16. Check my signature I have a couple pics at the bottom of the 1st post with 275/70/17's. The pics are not that good, I haven't had a chance to get good ones since I got the wheels/tires.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
very glad I went with 275s myself. I have a DCLB so the 265s look small. If I had the DCSB as you do, I would still go with 275s.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks great. That's the perfect tire size for that lift, IMO.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
The Blue Warrior

Well after really looking at it, 265s seem to be fine with my lift. I guess it's just the angle of that pic or something
Old 10-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
I always have this feeling that my tires and wheels look small. This is my current look and I'm wanting to get duratracs soon. What do you think? Keep this size or go 275? Lift is 2" in the rear, 2 1/2" in front.

We have similar looking DCs so i thought I'd post a pic of my profile so you can compare. i have 285s on a 2" lift. They rub a little in the front when making tight turns. Looking to get a set of AT's for winter and may step down a size.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
We have similar looking DCs so i thought I'd post a pic of my profile so you can compare. i have 285s on a 2" lift. They rub a little in the front when making tight turns. Looking to get a set of AT's for winter and may step down a size.
That looks nice. I want to see 275s on a lift like ours
Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #15
The Blue Warrior

I think I'm leaning towards 275s. Does anyone have a lift close to mine or 3" with these size tires? I want to see what 275s look like.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #16
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
I just went with 265 (see profile pics) yesterday. although I was going from 245 (which is definitely too small).

The problem isn't so much that 265's are a small tire, it's that the stock rims have a lot of backspacing and it sucks the tires inside the fenders a bit.

I like the look of my 265's with my rims, although thats because of what I just said - my new wheels push the tires out 1.25" from stock.

What is the offset of your current wheels?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
I always think bigger is better, but your setup looks good already, IMO.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #18
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265s on my stock sport wheels (lifted DCLB) and really wish I'd have opted for 275s or 285s. I'm gonna get new wheels in the spring probably (or now since I want to reward myself for graduating!) and see how they look.

Anytime I've seen a truck with 265s and aftermarket wheels they always look good, like was said above, the stock wheels hold the tire inside the fender too far!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #19
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I have 265s on my stock sport wheels (lifted DCLB) and really wish I'd have opted for 275s or 285s. I'm gonna get new wheels in the spring probably (or now since I want to reward myself for graduating!) and see how they look.

Anytime I've seen a truck with 265s and aftermarket wheels they always look good, like was said above, the stock wheels hold the tire inside the fender too far!
Do it! haha. Where in PA are you? I'm in Pittsburgh.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #20
The Blue Warrior

I have no idea what the offset is. I bought the truck as is, but they stick out a little.