What should my tire pressure be??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
pl87pll is on a distinguished road

Marines: USMC SGT. 1st Marines 3rd AABN Delta Company
Name: Preston
pl87pll's Tacoma Gallery
What should my tire pressure be??

Hi, I have a 2006 toyota tacoma access cab 4x4 with M + S LT265/75R15 Discoverer cooper stt tires and I was just wondering what my tire pressure should be. On the tire it says 80psi but I know thats not right, ever since I got this truck these tires were on them and I am starting to notice them wear down on the center of the tire, if anyone could please help me out it I would really appreciate it.. thank you.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #3

pl87pll's Tacoma Gallery
How exactly do you do a chalk test? And is there anyway of just seeing a chart as to what they should be? Ive tried looking everywhere , but no luck.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl87pll View Post
How exactly do you do a chalk test? And is there anyway of just seeing a chart as to what they should be? Ive tried looking everywhere , but no luck.
It depends on the weight you are carrying

A chalk test consists of putting stripes of blackboard chalk across the tire , drive for a short distance , if the chalk is worn evenly the inflation is correct , chalk missing in the middle only shows overinflation , edges gone but centre remaining shows under inflation

34 PSI will be a good starting point for you though
Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #5

pl87pll's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thank you, I will definetly try that.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Probably around 34 psi

Do a chalk test
x2 OZ-T knows his psi