Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BIGGEST tires: FJ SE wheels, Icon 3" lift, TSB lp

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
BIGGEST tires? FJ SE wheels, Icon 3" lift, TSB lp

I am trying to do the math, and I'm going nuts. Never understood tires completely.

I have a base DCSB 4x4 with ICON 3" c.o's and the TSB leaf pack. (Going with a shackle flip and new leaf pack soon)

On the FJ SE wheels, (silver, with the round holes all around) what's the largest size (width and height) BFG ATs I can run without TOO much rubbing? I dont have the COs all the way up in the front, as to not have the rear sagging too far below. But ASSUMING I'll lift the front to it's max, and get a new pack in the rear with adjustable shackle flips and all that...

What size tire should I be ordering?

Also, are online prices pretty comparative to in-store pricing?

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
nada?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
What is the BS on the FJ wheels?
I have a full 3" lift front & rear and run 255/85/16 BFG KM2s (33.3" tire) on 1st Gen TRDs (4.5"BS) without any cutting or rubbing.
285/75/16s (a shorter but wider tire)with the proper BS wheel & a lot of cutting and you wont rub.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
not sure on the BS for the wheels, I thought pretty low, zero? not sure...
What cutting would I need to do? The body mount? Fenders? Can I roll them? Does the rubbing happen only at full lock and compression or something or more common?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
If its the 17s with the (7?) holes I did some research on them but can't recall the info off the top of my head. I would look it up but it's a PITA on my phone.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I read my previous post and sounds misleading lol. I made a thread about it on here.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
I looked for your thread, couldnt find it.

I dropped my new set of FJ wheels off to get their semi black powder coating today. Now I need to get a set of tires, and quick!

I've seen the look of the tires I want, size wise, but no idea what they had to do to keep them from getting torn up!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
my tires now are almost 32" in diameter, (stock FJ wheel/tire set up), can I go with a 33" tire? it doesn't seem to be close enough to rub...
would that be like a 285/75/17 or so?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
my tires now are almost 32" in diameter, (stock FJ wheel/tire set up), can I go with a 33" tire? it doesn't seem to be close enough to rub...
would that be like a 285/75/17 or so?
I believe the FJ's have 0 BS but I'm not positive. 285's pretty much equal out to a 32.6" tire cause thats what I have on my truck which are 285/65-18's. Your going to rub up front thats for sure but nothing a dremel cant take care of and removing the front mud flaps. I still rub on the body mount but only at full lock. I'm thinking you will need some wheel spacers also to clear the UCA's.