Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS: Spare tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
TPMS: Spare tires?

I'm looking at picking up a couple of spare OEM wheels to use as spares when going off road. If I get a flat and put on the spare tire, or if I rotate the spare tires on the truck, is there a way to reset the TPMS so the system recognizes the spares? This is assuming both the extra tires are equipped with the right TPMS sensors.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingWhiteTac. View Post
I'm looking at picking up a couple of spare OEM wheels to use as spares when going off road. If I get a flat and put on the spare tire, or if I rotate the spare tires on the truck, is there a way to reset the TPMS so the system recognizes the spares? This is assuming both the extra tires are equipped with the right TPMS sensors.
Your spare does not have a tpms sensor in it. Toyota stopped doing that after 2007 iirc.

If you did put a sensor in the spare though, the light would still be on until you get the original tire fixed.