Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

calling all experts...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
calling all experts...

Just need your input...can I put 33x12.5" tires on my 2012 access cab ??

what would I need to do ? size lift ? any cutting involved ? etc ?

reason I ask : I saw a silverado on the beach the other day with firestone a/t 33x12.5....the guy doesn't even air down those tires when he drives on the beach..says he doesnt need to-those tires are so wide....
I would like NOT to have to air up & down all the time (PITA)....so is that size tire do-able on my truck ????

thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
you can i guess... last thing id want my truck to be like is a silverado. you will definitely need some wide spacers if you plan to keep stock wheels, and you will need to do cutting with any 3" system you run. most of us run 285's, a few have 305's, if you want to run a wide tire, id go with a 305/70 series as opposed to a 285/75 as they are close to the same height.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Is your truck stock suspension?? Stock tires?? I am not sure if you have seen these or not but there is some good info here, also you can use the tire calculator to check the size differences that you are looking to go.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...res-tires.html
And if you read through the thread on this one I believe your questions will get answered as I am absolutely POSITIVE this question has been asked quite a few times by 2012 owners!!

Or to put it simply...NO they will not fit stock suspension, hell even with a 3" lift you are going to have to do some major cutting and trimming to stuff them under there!!

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is another good read for ya...and remember this is WITH a 3" lift!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...inch-lift.html
Old 10-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Minimum 3" lift, new wheels or wheel spacers, cab mount chop, and a lot of trimming.