Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Spline key required?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
Spline key required?

Alright guys im going to pull the trigger on some gorilla ET lugs for my wheels.

Question though:

Is this the key I need for the lugs and is it recommended/required?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacowestley View Post
Alright guys im going to pull the trigger on some gorilla ET lugs for my wheels.

Question though:

Is this the key I need for the lugs and is it recommended/required?
Did you mean to post a link with this?

My gorilla ET lugs are hex head. No key required. But I believe they also make a spline drive. The key will come with them.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o yea sorry idk why the pic didnt go through

Old 10-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like the same key I got with my Procomp lugs
Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, if you get the spline lugs, you'll have to have the key for it!

the lugnut:

The key:
Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
Khmer Member

The key is what screws the lug in right?

I just want to make sure im getting the right things needed for my wheels.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
yea the key fits into the little grooves on the lug, then you put the air wrench on the end of the key.. i have it for mine, and they are very strong quality. my wheels even have the gorilla locking lugs, and the key for those works every time and they DONT break, like my stock TRD locking lugs did...
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #8
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah if you get one of those gorilla nut kits it comes with the appropriate key to fit.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They're nice, just a pain in the ass since the key is needed on every lug... Lol
Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
Khmer Member

alright fellas just placed my order for 24 lugs and a spline key and should be here sometime this week. Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacowestley View Post
alright fellas just placed my order for 24 lugs and a spline key and should be here sometime this week. Thanks for all the help!