Notices

Trying to run 35's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
locotaco23 is on a distinguished road
Name: Wes
locotaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to run 35's

I currently have a 3 in lift on my 05 double cab trd and was wondering if I could clear 35's with a 2 inch leveling kit up front. Any input?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by locotaco23 View Post
I currently have a 3 in lift on my 05 double cab trd and was wondering if I could clear 35's with a 2 inch leveling kit up front. Any input?
Welcome to TW.

Are you asking if you can add a 2" leveling kit to your 3" lift.?If so, the answer is no.

Or are you asking if you can clear 35s on a 2" total lift? If so, the answer is no.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
So a 3" plus another 2" lift for a total of 5"? I don't think that's very safe dude. You can rock 35's with 3" but it requires a lot of chopping.

However that would be the route I would go (Actually I am going that route, just haven't yet.) versus stacking lifts. This is actually better because it keeps your COG low while still enabling you to clear a larger diameter tire.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
NOPE.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
With the correct backspacing you could fit 35's with no lift, probably lowered even!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
With the correct backspacing you could fit 35's with no lift, probably lowered even!
Negative 20.5 inches of backspacing ftw
Old 10-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
^ Username cut for 37's so its possible
I think it was photoshopped.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
^ Username cut for 37's so its possible
Trying to figure out how he did that, I would love to step up but I don't know what else can be cleared. He had an engine cage so I'm sure he cut out all the stock inner fenders.
But to the OP I clear 35s with 2-2.5" of lift, WITH fiberglass fenders, its much harder with stock fenders lol
Old 10-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL!

I forgot about LT and glass
Old 10-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
T
But to the OP I clear 35s with 2-2.5" of lift, WITH fiberglass fenders, its much harder with stock fenders lol
Your tube bumper helps as well.