Notices

i need a mans tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
jz23 is on a distinguished road
Name: jon
jz23's Tacoma Gallery
i need a mans tire

i am new to the forum and also the proud owner of my 1st Tacoma.
i love my truck but i can't stand the stock wheels and tires. i have a 2009 reg. cab 2wd (should have bought a 4x4 but my first truck so live and learn), with 5 bolt 215/70/r15's stock which i think are 15x6 with a bolt pattern of 5x4.5 but i have no idea how to change to something that will make my truck look like a real truck. ( i love the stance of a tacoma with bad ass wheels and tires) and mine is no where close.

what is the biggest tire and wheel i can install with no mods or with the black box mod.

i was thinking 235/70/15 or 235/65/16 but have no idea if these will work.

does anyone have a suggestion on rims that will work( no idea what the offset needs to be) but i was looking at the Pro Comp rock crawlers?

will i need spacers if i want the tire to stick out a little or will changing the tires alone, help the stance of my wimpy looking stock model?

sorry if this subject has been beaten to death but i don't want to order useless parts i can't even use and be even more frustrated.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jz23 View Post
i need a man's tire

Sorry, I'm not as familiar with the 5 luggers. Forum member "Quaker" is running the Hercules Trail Digger M/T in 30X9.5R15 on his truck with stock suspension and wheels.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i need a mans tire
Quote:
i have no idea how to change to something

Interesting lol...