Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper Discoverer A/T3 Review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
RockDr is on a distinguished road

RockDr's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the review. Great tire so far only having them about two weeks now. Smooth and quiet. Went with a 275/65/18
Old 08-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #22
zoellner25 is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
zoellner25's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you guys finding the best prices on these? I live in colorado and discount tire has pretty good prices, what are you guys paying if you don't mind me asking.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was just a mom and pop local tire store,

Old 02-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #24
MarAgt will become famous soon enoughMarAgt will become famous soon enough
Marines: Master Sergeant (Ret)
MarAgt's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper Discoverer A/T3 Review

Great Review, Thanks! I was looking for new tires and started by looking at BFG T/A KO's, but at about $230 a tire, I started looking at others. Bridgetone has a special on Revo II's, for $50 off a set of four. I've had both the BFG and Bridgestone's. I liked them both a lot. I then saw the Coopers on the Pep Boy's site. This month, they have 10% off installed tires and then a mail in rebate for one tire. So, price wise, they are the most attractive. Consumer Reports rated this AT3's the best of the similar tires they reviewed; which included the Revos and the BGF Rugged Terrains (they didn't have the T/A KO's listed).

I think I will give these tires a try.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 AM   #25
dxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0321
Name: Brandon
dxpsman's Tacoma Gallery
Great write-up. For the record, I run this tire on my truck, and sell it left and right. It's an awesome product, and an even better value.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #26
MarAgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxpsman View Post
Great write-up. For the record, I run this tire on my truck, and sell it left and right. It's an awesome product, and an even better value.

Perfect, thanks. I am getting them put on tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #27
dxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0321
Name: Brandon
dxpsman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarAgt View Post
Perfect, thanks. I am getting them put on tomorrow.
You'll love 'em. A lot of people are stand-offish when it comes to Cooper, because they're not familiar with the brand. With that said, a quick walk out to my truck tends to convince people to overlook that.

As a quick hint, Cooper is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. It just might be a good time for them to run an $80 rebate (for AT3's) next month....
Old 02-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #28
SDTACO2014 is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
SDTACO2014's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that these are a great value to some of the higher priced AT's out there. I replaced my stock tires after about 300 miles with these (265/70/17) and they ride nice while having an aggressive (but not over the top) look. Best of all, got them on sale, buy 3 get 1 free.....
Old 02-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #29
MarAgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxpsman View Post
You'll love 'em. A lot of people are stand-offish when it comes to Cooper, because they're not familiar with the brand. With that said, a quick walk out to my truck tends to convince people to overlook that.

As a quick hint, Cooper is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. It just might be a good time for them to run an $80 rebate (for AT3's) next month....

Don't know if it was PepBoys or Cooper, but I got 10% off the entire install and there is a rebate for one tire. Plus another $10 off the alignment. They look good, appear beefier than the stock BFG Rugged Trails.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #30
shr133 is on a distinguished road
Army: 31C, 95B.
Name: Steve
shr133's Tacoma Gallery
Great review, I would have to agree with everything you said. I got the 275 70 17R. I love my Coopers they work great in everything. The kind of tire I was looking for. My truck has to do it all hwy driving, sand dunes, dirt, mud, good handling, towing, water and snow...
They do it all great. The only down fall would be hard pack snow they are just ok to good but deep snow they are good.

I would disagree with the handling, I think my coopers handle and ride better than my stock tires and I went to 32"

I want to get more aggressive tires but I'm afraid they won't be as good.
Great do it all and American made...