1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review: Falken Rocky Mountain MTS

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by devldogs55, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Oct 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    devldogs55

devldogs55 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4 V6
    Well this is my attempt at a running review of these tires. What I bought today were the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires in 265/70/17. So far I have 50 miles on them and its all ideal condition highway driving with about 8-10 mi in town.

Just what I've seen today impresses me. I give them high marks for handling and quietness (can't hear em at any speed). I'll be trying them of road soon and this winter in the snow and ill re-post to this thread as new driving conditions are tested.

I've always loved BFGs and have the MT KM2s on my 4runner but I was looking for more mileage from my DD. I really wanted some BFG ATs as I'm very loyal to brands I like, but I decided to try something new (and less expensive) and so far I don't think it's bitten me in the ass. They're a good deal less expensive and are very aggressive for an AT. I've talked to people who like em so here goes nothing.

Stay tuned, folks

2. Oct 23, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    ElNacho

ElNacho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 SR5 Black
    Stock
    I picked up 4 of these as well. I ordered 265/75/16. They should be on my doorstep and on my truck tomorrow.

3. Oct 24, 2012 at 5:24 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I have been considering these, although they are called Wild Peaks. Seems to be the same tire just a different name. Anyway, they are part of the Pep Boys buy 3 get the 4th free deal comes out to about $600 for a set in 265 75 16 flavor. The only thing holding me back is that they only come in E load and are heavy at 56 lbs a piece.

4. Oct 24, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    ElNacho

ElNacho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 SR5 Black
    Stock
    Yes, They are heavy. But ive heard nothing but good reviews about them. Closest pepboys to me is in Nashville (45 min). I ordered thru discount tire, got them for $161 each in 265/75/16.

Products Discussed in

To Top