1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painting Scaling Wheels Help!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Zarlyl, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Oct 25, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    Zarlyl

Zarlyl [OP] Member

Member:
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Quad Cab
    Factory
    Hey guys,

I have a 2006 TRD Sport and I'm wanting to paint the sport wheels a Satin Black. However, my wheels have the all too common problem of scaling and bubbling. This seems to be pretty common on the Tacoma wheels.

I was wondering if anyone on here has painted wheels that are scaled and bubbling. I would think I could just sand and paint but I'm wondering if it would cause issues in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zarlyl

2. Oct 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    dmeko0

dmeko0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodstock, GA
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB TRD Sport
    4" nerf bars, Westin bull bar, Lund tri-fold bed cover, Pop-lock tailgate lock, TRS Morimoto mini d2s bi-xenon/ BHLM'd headlights, LED fogs/dome/map/license lights (jumper)
    i have the same problem and plan to do the same similar thing. looking into duplicolor wheel paint. everything i've read seems to have good reviews, however i wonder about the durability. i was wondering if sandblasting was possible?? i've also heard some people stripping with solvent strippers. and then of course sanding, which sounds like a major pain!!! Good luck, i hope this thread helps us both.

Products Discussed in

To Top