1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

17x9 5" backspacing wheels, will it work?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JT Class, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Oct 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    JT Class

JT Class [OP] Can't spell class without...

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Sept-Iles, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    Aries bull bar, Tonneau pro box cover, TrailFX hood deflector, Sleeper lids, US Speedo speedometer gauge (white), more to come...(3incher bilsteins 5100+f/coils+aal w/285 or 265?)
    Hey guys,

Been trying to understand wheels n all that good stuff but i suck with numbers. So i thought id ask all the good folks out there for some tw wisdom... I am gonna put 1.75 billies in front and i got the tsb in the back...

I like a set of rims in this size:17x9 with 5" back space. Was thinking of getting 265-70-17 rubbers. Would this work? :confused:

thx!

2. Oct 26, 2012 at 5:45 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The wheel is fine. Check to make sure those tires are approved for 9" wide wheels though. You can find that info on the tire manufacturers website.

3. Oct 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    JT Class

JT Class [OP] Can't spell class without...

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Sept-Iles, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    Aries bull bar, Tonneau pro box cover, TrailFX hood deflector, Sleeper lids, US Speedo speedometer gauge (white), more to come...(3incher bilsteins 5100+f/coils+aal w/285 or 265?)
    Ya thats what I was thinking too, was hoping for a all in once answer. hahaha ill search for the part but thanks alot for the info I just found my rims! :D

Gonna see how these look at my silver taco, going with a black and silver look...with everything except the paint job, bull bar and rims going black. (emblems are next)

[​IMG]

4. Oct 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    JRod4928

JRod4928 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma SR5
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau WeatherTech Floor Liners Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Antenna X Black Mesh Grillcraft with Tacoma Badge (Upper) and Cross (Lower) 18" BMF Wheels / Cooper 31.5" Tires 2" Leveling Kit
    I'm running almost exactly this setup (I have 18" wheels, but we still have the same tire diameter, so it doesn't matter, and I have 2" leveled, as you'll have 1.75"). Like KPT said, doublecheck your tire is good for 9" rims and you'll be fine.

You might have a tiny bit of rubbing in the front of your wheel well - depending on your alignment results. I had to remove my front bumper mudflap, they only had these on 2012's so you shouldnt have to worry about that.

You'll be fine. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top