Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

17x9 5" backspacing wheels, will it work?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
17x9 5" backspacing wheels, will it work?

Hey guys,

Been trying to understand wheels n all that good stuff but i suck with numbers. So i thought id ask all the good folks out there for some tw wisdom... I am gonna put 1.75 billies in front and i got the tsb in the back...

I like a set of rims in this size:17x9 with 5" back space. Was thinking of getting 265-70-17 rubbers. Would this work?

thx!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The wheel is fine. Check to make sure those tires are approved for 9" wide wheels though. You can find that info on the tire manufacturers website.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Ya thats what I was thinking too, was hoping for a all in once answer. hahaha ill search for the part but thanks alot for the info I just found my rims!

Gonna see how these look at my silver taco, going with a black and silver look...with everything except the paint job, bull bar and rims going black. (emblems are next)

Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Class View Post
Hey guys,

Been trying to understand wheels n all that good stuff but i suck with numbers. So i thought id ask all the good folks out there for some tw wisdom... I am gonna put 1.75 billies in front and i got the tsb in the back...

I like a set of rims in this size:17x9 with 5" back space. Was thinking of getting 265-70-17 rubbers. Would this work?

thx!
I'm running almost exactly this setup (I have 18" wheels, but we still have the same tire diameter, so it doesn't matter, and I have 2" leveled, as you'll have 1.75"). Like KPT said, doublecheck your tire is good for 9" rims and you'll be fine.

You might have a tiny bit of rubbing in the front of your wheel well - depending on your alignment results. I had to remove my front bumper mudflap, they only had these on 2012's so you shouldnt have to worry about that.

You'll be fine.