1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Presure Sensors

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Deadpair, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Oct 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Deadpair

Deadpair [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bought a second set of wheels , one wheel has a bad sensor . The plan was to have two sets of tires , one winter tread the other the highway tires that came on the truck for the warmer months. The Toyota dealer tells me that it cost $100 to program the sensors when I change over every season . Or I can take the sensors off the winter tires and just ignore the low pressure warning light. Does anyone have any experience with this issue ?

2. Oct 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    The electrical tape mod works to cover up the warning light during the winter months. The only thing you lose is the ability to know early when a tire is going down.

NTB programmed the new ones on my previous Tacoma for free, but I bought tires from them. $100 is kind of high, I would think a tire shop with the right equipment would charge about $30.

3. Oct 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    Ghost848

Ghost848 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Alberta,Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 TRD OR Silver M6
    OME + Dakers, 285/75R16 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bumper, Columbia overland Dual battery, Super winch,CC stage 4 clutch, bestop supertop, URD TO bearing, BHLM headlights, Cruisin offroad rear bumper, Harrop front E-locker.
    Go to a tire shop they will program for alot less...if not free. Kal tire up here in canada walked out did a loop around truck plugged in under dash and walked back inside took 5 min

4. Oct 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    Deadpair

Deadpair [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ok , good advice I'll check at the tire shop . Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top