Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire recommendations (Been a while since I shopped...)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Madcat207 is on a distinguished road
Madcat207's Tacoma Gallery
Tire recommendations (Been a while since I shopped...)

So, sure that this has been asked 10.1 million times, and but going through all the tires, my eyes go cross, and and I am left unsure. Perhaps some background will help.

The last set of tires I bought were BFG AT K/O, and a I literally ran them into the ground (I sold the truck with them, and and they were out of round and cracked. Probably put 60-70k on them.

So, and now I have my 08, and am in need of replacement (the Dueler HT is crap in general, it and is worse with no tread left). I guess the important thing is my driving habits :
I am probably 80/20 highway/off road.
I enjoy camping (rough dirt roads at times), and mountain sports (exposure to ice and slush).
I like an aggressive look, but want performance first and foremost (no point looking good if I crash...)
I am not lifted (not for, lack of want..) so it would be stock tire size for this purchase (265/70r17)

Frankly, I am open to all ideas. I would prefer a local store, and but I guess I could order online (and then pay a store to put them on).

Thanks guys!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat207 View Post
So, sure that this has been asked 10.1 million times, and but going through all the tires, my eyes go cross, and and I am left unsure. Perhaps some background will help.

The last set of tires I bought were BFG AT K/O, and a I literally ran them into the ground (I sold the truck with them, and and they were out of round and cracked. Probably put 60-70k on them.

So, and now I have my 08, and am in need of replacement (the Dueler HT is crap in general, it and is worse with no tread left). I guess the important thing is my driving habits :
I am probably 80/20 highway/off road.
I enjoy camping (rough dirt roads at times), and mountain sports (exposure to ice and slush).
I like an aggressive look, but want performance first and foremost (no point looking good if I crash...)
I am not lifted (not for, lack of want..) so it would be stock tire size for this purchase (265/70r17)

Frankly, I am open to all ideas. I would prefer a local store, and but I guess I could order online (and then pay a store to put them on).

Thanks guys!

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor. Best of what you're looking for. Even check out the reviews on Tirerack.com.

Remember you always get what you pay for. good luck!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I think the BFG's would suit your needs. On road manners are respectable and off road performance is unsurpassed by any other all terrain. And they last.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

I'm also looking to get new tires, definitely need recommendations.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i just picked up Cooper ATP's and have no complaints so far (less than 500 miles, but a mix of snow/ice/dirt/gravel/paved roads i drive on and am very impressed)

they are made by cooper tires for discount tire only, and very affordable.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
Sub'd

I'm also looking to get new tires, definitely need recommendations.

Seriously, the best way to get reviews is to read tirerack.com

it is amazing the information you will find.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Based on your stated usage - Goodyear wrangler duratrac.