1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just put a 6 inch lift in and the front right tire locks up

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by SkylineGTR, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Oct 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    SkylineGTR

SkylineGTR [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4dr Trd taco
    afe cold air intake , straight pipe , two alpine type r 12 inch comp subs 4 6x9 jbl comp speakers , 5500 watts , capacitor , blacked out tail lights + headlights ,
    hey guys just put in a 6 inch bds lift and when i go to drive the front right tire locks up , i ripped out an abs sensor for that side wonderig if thats whats causing the problem ? or maybe the wheel bearing is shot all together ? please help me out this is all thats stopping me from driving my baby

2. Oct 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Could be several different things. Have you pulled the wheel off and checked it out? Any damage to the wheel? Is there any grinding sound?

Two possibilities I can think for right off the bat would be wheels contacting the steering knuckle (don't most drop bracket lifts need 17-18 wheels because of this?), or brake rotor damage from the install.

Or frozen caliper maybe?

3. Oct 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    Blacktacoma23 ...this member has the same BDS lift...maybe he can give you some input. But I would lean towards that sensor line being damaged as a possible culprit.

4. Oct 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    SkylineGTR

SkylineGTR [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4dr Trd taco
    afe cold air intake , straight pipe , two alpine type r 12 inch comp subs 4 6x9 jbl comp speakers , 5500 watts , capacitor , blacked out tail lights + headlights ,
    ah i c, i got the ABS sensor ordered, but you guys figure its the whole line thats messed up?

5. Oct 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    SkylineGTR

SkylineGTR [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4dr Trd taco
    and no grinder sound the.. wheel just rotated about 3/4 then stops completelty..

6. Oct 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    tacobo670

tacobo670 if you have to ask, u can't afford it

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport 4x4 AC 6spd
    Super cherry n some champion stuff on the side
    also just to be safe, make sure "tone ring" inside hub (for reading abs sensor) is not or has not been damaged, will still affect abs if it is damaged. check all clearances -rim to rotor, rim to caliper- rim/tire to knuckle or ball joint etc. just be very careful n thorough. do it once, do it right, the first time.

7. Oct 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    SkylineGTR

SkylineGTR [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4dr Trd taco
    lol im just som punk kid who got ahold of a torch some sockets grinders and a welder and did er myself, now im banging my head against the wall, oh well ! trial by error ! im gonna go check all the clearances and what not right now

Products Discussed in

To Top