Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

just put a 6 inch lift in and the front right tire locks up

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
SkylineGTR is on a distinguished road
SkylineGTR's Tacoma Gallery
just put a 6 inch lift in and the front right tire locks up

hey guys just put in a 6 inch bds lift and when i go to drive the front right tire locks up , i ripped out an abs sensor for that side wonderig if thats whats causing the problem ? or maybe the wheel bearing is shot all together ? please help me out this is all thats stopping me from driving my baby
Old 10-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Could be several different things. Have you pulled the wheel off and checked it out? Any damage to the wheel? Is there any grinding sound?

Two possibilities I can think for right off the bat would be wheels contacting the steering knuckle (don't most drop bracket lifts need 17-18 wheels because of this?), or brake rotor damage from the install.

Or frozen caliper maybe?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Blacktacoma23 ...this member has the same BDS lift...maybe he can give you some input. But I would lean towards that sensor line being damaged as a possible culprit.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
ah i c, i got the ABS sensor ordered, but you guys figure its the whole line thats messed up?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
and no grinder sound the.. wheel just rotated about 3/4 then stops completelty..
Old 10-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
also just to be safe, make sure "tone ring" inside hub (for reading abs sensor) is not or has not been damaged, will still affect abs if it is damaged. check all clearances -rim to rotor, rim to caliper- rim/tire to knuckle or ball joint etc. just be very careful n thorough. do it once, do it right, the first time.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
lol im just som punk kid who got ahold of a torch some sockets grinders and a welder and did er myself, now im banging my head against the wall, oh well ! trial by error ! im gonna go check all the clearances and what not right now