Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire Sizes

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
MrBeepers is on a distinguished road
MrBeepers's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Sizes

Its time for new tires on my '10 Taco, and after an exhaustive search I think I'm settling on a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM (RF10)'s. However, I notice they come in 265/70R17, but not the 265/65R17 that was the size of my stock tires.

Will this size fit without any mods? I've read that different sizes will screw with the accuracy of the speedo, would that be the case with this?

Thanks for the input in advance!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, good choice in tire.

That size (265/70R17) actually fits stock Tacomas perfectly and most will tell you that it made their speedo almost perfectly accurate. Typically from the factory a vehicle reads a little under so going up an inch-ish in tire size will actually be just fine. It is the size that most people who don't have a lift, and some who do, go with often.

For reference, the black truck here has 265/75r16 (same as 265/70r17 pretty much) and the pickup has 31s

Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Should fit w/ no rubbing. I know 265/75-16's fit stock w/ no rubbing and your 265/70-17's are basically identical in overall size.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I'm pretty stoked, the Dynapro's look badass and seem like they perform really well too. Can't wait to get'em on!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Will do! My truck will look pretty tame compared to some others I've seen on here though My daughter came along shortly after I bought the truck, so my upgrade money went bye byes.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
So I got these installed tonight (yay!), pictures to come tomorrow. Anyone have any input on what a proper inflation is for these? I'll probably end up doing the chalk test, but any input on the matter would be helpful as well.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #9
MonroeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
MonroeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pics please!! I've narrowed my choices to either these or the Cooper Discoverer ATP's, but not sure I want to spend the extra on the Coops. I rarely go anywhere more than a dirt road.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
Here they are...sorry for the crappy weather, blame Sandy. Hope these give you a decent idea of what they look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Tire Sizes-photo.jpg   Tire Sizes-photo-1-.jpg   Tire Sizes-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
MonroeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
MonroeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics, just ordered my Hankooks today.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeepers View Post
Here they are...sorry for the crappy weather, blame Sandy. Hope these give you a decent idea of what they look like.

MUCH better....