16x10s with 4" BS 265/70/16 tire????

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
MY DIXIE WRECKED
ebayollis is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
ebayollis's Tacoma Gallery
16x10s with 4" BS 265/70/16 tire????

on a first gen double cab tacoma no lift...will it rub? I did a search but it didnt turn up much except for the 2nd gens
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
This size tire fits well on an 8" wide wheel. The tire manufcturers mostly say 7" to 9" wide wheels for this size tire. You could fit these on a 10" wide wheel (a 265 tire does have about 10.3" section width), but the problem is that off road the wheel would stick out as far as the tire and be smacking rocks all the time which could lead to bending at the rim and possibly pushing the bead off the rim and an instant flat tire. At the very least the wheels will get ugly fast off-road.

So while wide wheels look good on low profile sporty cars, they really are not suited for off road use.

Also with 4" back space dimension there is going to be about 6.25" of wheel (and tire) sticking out past the wheel mounting flange or about 2" more than with the 8" wide wheel. The sporty car guys call this "poke" and I bet you your fenders will chew those tires up.

Hopefully someone will post that has actually fitted this combination and how it REALLY works.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
MY DIXIE WRECKED
I rarely ever do any heavy offroading ...mainly I like the looks of a wide wheel
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Then it might suit you. I would go with a 9" wide wheel and call it good.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
heres a 15x10, silver truck...i heard its bad on the bearings or some shit like that...i just went 16x8, white truck
Attached Thumbnails
16x10s with 4" BS 265/70/16 tire????-lifted-trd.jpg   16x10s with 4" BS 265/70/16 tire????-desert.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
MY DIXIE WRECKED
is the silver double cab lifted?
i love the stance it has
Old 10-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Do not run a 265 width tire on a 10" wide wheel.

10" wide wheels are designed for 12.5"+ (315) wide tires.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayollis View Post
is the silver double cab lifted?
i love the stance it has
i love it too. but the guys one here talked me out of 10 inch wide rims. its a 3 inch lift btw
Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
MY DIXIE WRECKED
i pickup the 16x10s today...they are 4.5" BS instead of 4" going ask the tire shop about running a 265/70 16 on a 10" rim ...im just curious if anyone on here has done it with minimal rubbing
Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
It's a 2nd gen but 16x10 265/70 bfg
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ti...ires-taco.html

I get the Hawaii look, say a 12.5" tire on a 16" wheel for example. I get the poor mans beadlock look, say a 12.5" on a 7" wheel. But to me a 16x10 with a 265 is just in no man's land.

What's the point? The tire isn't approved for the wheel, the wheel is going to stick out way too far and look silly, especially in a truck with no lift. What am I missing here? Why not just buy a wheel that's designed for a 265?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
bunch of wheels available with a 4" BS in a 16x8.