Notices

Tire size on a 08 taco 3" lift

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Trace will become famous soon enough

Name: Trace
Trace's Tacoma Gallery
Tire size on a 08 taco 3" lift

What's the biggest tire I can fit on a 08 taco with a 3" lift. I also have a arb front bumper. I was thinking about getting 285/75/r16's.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Those will fit with trimming.
255/85/16s will fit without trimming.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
255/85r16^
Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Trace will become famous soon enough

Name: Trace
Trace's Tacoma Gallery
What will I have to trim?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Depends how you drive and changes some truck to truck. maybe just some plastic and pinch weld, maybe chop the cab mount . . .
Old 10-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And also if you change the wheels (back spacing) or stay stock.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Those will fit with trimming.
255/85/16s will fit without trimming.
I haven't been able to find too many tires in 255/85/16, what tires would you recommend in that size?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
I haven't been able to find too many tires in 255/85/16, what tires would you recommend in that size?
Selections are few. I'm running BFG KM2s & like them.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Selections are few. I'm running BFG KM2s & like them.
For wheeling? How about winter conditions?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
For wheeling? How about winter conditions?
I did this in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyxff...feature=colike

And this in the afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PPL4...feature=colike
Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #11

Great vids! Those trails look awesome! I just wonder how the tires would stand up to rocks. All the trails around my place here in CO are super rocky and I am looking for a tire that would stand up to possible punctures. I will do some more research on the km2 because I like the idea of a narrow, tall tire.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
Longtime Toyman

I don't do "rock crawling" but most of our trails have rocks and or lava rocks.
I haven't had any punctures or lug chunking with them.
I have lost some lug chunks off the Dungflops before I got the KM2s.