1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another tire thread...firestone destination AT

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by evanmb31, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Nov 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Anyone out there with these tires take them offroad? I am trying to make up my mind on which all terrains i want to buy and i am leaning towards the firestones. I do alot of highway driving, if i get time ill go find some dirt and mud in the woods maybe once or twice a month so i dont need a real aggressive tire. The firestones don't look great, they look more like a highway tire to me than an all terrain, so thats the one downside to these tires that i can see now. Upsides are price is really good, i can get a low load range so they are light and they are good in the snow which is a requirement for me. I am trying to be practical and stick to form over function. I love how bfg ATs and nitto terra graps look but they might be to aggresive for what i need.

I have actually owned these tires in the past on my 2wd s-10, but that was about 5 years ago and i never brought them offroad, i was pretty impressed how well they did in the snow. I wasnt really into offroading back then so i dont know how the tires would do on the trails. but now i am and i want some tires that will give me good traction in the snow, dirt, mud and on the rocks, but will still be a good daily driver. So if you have firestone destination AT let me know what you think about them. Im also open to suggestions, i have been looking at general grabbers, toyo open countrys and bridgestone revo 2

2. Nov 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Not a very popular tire around here i guess

3. Nov 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    TacoTony

TacoTony Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    single cab rado
    Maxtrac spindles
    I was thinking about putting these on too since I work there, my friend has them on his jeep and said they're good

4. Nov 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    yummjake

yummjake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    00' EXT Tacoma 4wd
    5100's, Toytec coils, all-pro standard 3" lift leaf springs.
    I have these tires in 31x10.5x15, and I love them! These tires are quiet on the highway and grip up well in the dirt and the mud. In mud they can get slicked up pretty easy, but these tires have never failed me yet and I would recommend them to anyone. Hope this helps and if ya have any more questions, feel free to PM me. Have a good one!:)

5. Nov 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    bradicus8

bradicus8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 cement Trd sport DCSB
    icon kit 33's ovtune pro grille JL audio subs with custom box
    I was also thinking about trying these since I have over 800$ of credit there and every time we take our family's trucks and cars in they give us great discounts... Pple seem to like these as an AT but a lot of highway and pavement kind of tire

6. Nov 14, 2012 at 4:41 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Nice, thanks for the input. I still cant decide lol but this helps

7. Nov 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    I really want duratracs but they are so expensive. Someone point me in the right direction i just need a little push lol.

8. Nov 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    Have these on my wife's SUV. They seem to be lasting forever. She's not home right now so I can't tell you exactly how many miles are on them, but they are holding up well. Off-road traction isn't tremendous, but they are certainly better than the stock tires. My only complaint is that they are getting pretty noisy as they near the end of their life.

Products Discussed in

To Top