Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #21
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBFresco View Post
any testing in the snow/ice by chance? i'm really digging these tires
Mine kick a$$in snow, deep stuff and ice. They outdid the duratracs in pretty much everything
Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #23
Señor Fresco
DannyBFresco is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DannyBFresco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
Mine kick a$$in snow, deep stuff and ice. They outdid the duratracs in pretty much everything
Whoa really??? I have some duratracs right now...problem is they're getting pretty worn and i don't really wanna give my left nut to get a new set (already gave my right for the ones i have now)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #25
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whoa really??? I have some duratracs right now...problem is they're getting pretty worn and i don't really wanna give my left nut to get a new set (already gave my right for the ones i have now)
Better believe it
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #26
Señor Fresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
Better believe it
haha nice. what size you runnin?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha nice. what size you runnin?
235/85/16
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #29
Señor Fresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
its been a great tire for me. 285/70/17 chances are you got a bad set?

mud snow/ ice no problem
Yeah maybe I did, because I just went up to the mountains this weekend and couldn't even get out of the driveway for the cabin I was staying at. It had like 3 inches of snow and some ice...needed a couple buddies to push as I gassed in reverse
Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #30
Walker is on a distinguished road
Name: Walker
Walker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's really good to hear. I've been hearing mixed reviews for snow and ice and since I go snowboarding a lot, it's pretty important for me. What size do you run?
I run 265/75/16s
Old 01-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
Travith is on a distinguished road
Travith's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my ST Maxx for about a month and can't say enough good stuff about them.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #33
WILLIAM ROBERT has a spectacular aura aboutWILLIAM ROBERT has a spectacular aura about

Canadian Army: Mekanik
WILLIAM ROBERT's Tacoma Gallery
awesome tires

I've had the maxx's for almost 2 years now, and can't say enough about these tires. We have them on the work truck (F250 crew, with canopy) and they have held up very well. We drive about 100km a day, with 40 highway and the rest on mining roads. No problems at all, even with record snowfalls in the mountains this year. The mine uses 4 inch minus for traction for the haul trucks in the winter. No flats, no chunking, no separating. The Duratracs that the mine uses on their pickups last only about a month, maybe. After seeing the Duratracs and Coopers side by side, I can't even recommend the Duratracs, probably wouldn't even run them if they were free
Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #34
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the weight of these tires in 265/70 R17 or 285/70R17? I know they are load E and I'm afraid they are gonna be heavy!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #35
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Does anyone know the weight of these tires in 265/70 R17 or 285/70R17? I know they are load E and I'm afraid they are gonna be heavy!
285 70 17 is right at 61 lbs

I just had a set put on last week, I've only got 500 miles on them but so far so good!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #37
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
265/70r17 lt 51lbs
285/70r17 lt 55lbs

Treaddepot.com list all the weights on their tires and also some great prices.
^^^ Thank you for the info Sir! I'll check out treaddepot
Old 01-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #39
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
just wondering if we have any long term updates on these tires?
had mine for ~6 months...they have been great. good traction and very minimal treadwear