General Grabber AT2's vs Firestone Destination A/t

View Poll Results: General Grabber AT2's vs Firestone Destination A/T
General Grabber AT2's 377 62.01%
Firestone Destination A/T 231 37.99%
Voters: 608. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #41
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by machman View Post

Tire Rack listed two Destination A/T:

This one which has 15/32 tread depth and weights 45 lbs:
Serv. Desc:
117/114RLoad Index 117 = 2892lbs (1315kg) per tire
Load Index 114 = 2640lbs (1200kg) per tire
Speed Rating "R" = 106mph (170kph)

And this one which has 13/32 tread depth and weights 39 lbs:
Serv. Desc:
111SLoad Index 111 = 2409lbs (1095kg) per tire
Speed Rating "S" = 112mph (180kph)
Not much point in having a single tire that can carry more than your entire payload. I went with the S-rated tire.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #42
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
If I had to choose between those two, I think I'd choose the Toyo OpenCountry A/T's. They are a little bit more expensive, but I've had mine on for 4 years now and they still have a lot of tread left, and are great in the snow.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #43
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
any one checked out goodyear wrangler td's? I just bought a set for 550 otd.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #44
jst3751 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jst3751's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I see a lot of different tires being mentioned here, but going by TireRack as some have suggested, the General Grabber HTC has a ratting of 8.8, there are 2 Michillians with ratings of 8.3, The Bridgestone Dualer H/L Alazen has a rating of 8.3 and the BF Goodridge Long Trail T/A Tour has a rating of 8.3. The Firestone Destination LE only has a rating of 7.9.

Is there really that much difference in say the top 8 tires listed to make much of a difference?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #45
AutoCANE is on a distinguished road

AutoCANE's Tacoma Gallery
Best A/T tire out there - Michelin LTX AT/2.

Between these two I would go with the Generals, for the $$$$$ you can't beat the performance you get out of those tires. Great tires traction-wise.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #46
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCANE View Post
Best A/T tire out there - Michelin LTX AT/2.

Between these two I would go with the Generals, for the $$$$$ you can't beat the performance you get out of those tires. Great tires traction-wise.
+1.. Didn't have any problems here.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #47
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to put the firestones or goodyear silent armor on my truck. they are one of the few made in the 275/70/17. the firestone looks bad ass. i have seen some in 285 on trucks and they look tough, nothing like the pictures on tire rack.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #49
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I am extremely happy with my Firestone Destination A/T's as-well.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #50
another gsxr 1k is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Radioman 1989-1994
another gsxr 1k's Tacoma Gallery
Cant' say about they work in the snow, no snow yet in Florida. I just put the destinations on my DC last week. They work well on road in the rain, not noticably louder than the Michelin LTX that came off.

They grip well on the traffic stripes where the Michelins spun. But, I only have about 300 miles on mine.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #51
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by another gsxr 1k View Post
Cant' say about they work in the snow, no snow yet in Florida. I just put the destinations on my DC last week. They work well on road in the rain, not noticably louder than the Michelin LTX that came off.

They grip well on the traffic stripes where the Michelins spun. But, I only have about 300 miles on mine.

Don't worry. It'll be there tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #52
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
seeing how my reg cab 4 banger only gets 21 mpg at best in town, which of the two is lighter. I also am back and forth on these two tires but I dont want to sacrafice any more mpg at $3 a gallon. My tire size is 265 70 17.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:18 AM   #53
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
seeing how my reg cab 4 banger only gets 21 mpg at best in town, which of the two is lighter. I also am back and forth on these two tires but I dont want to sacrafice any more mpg at $3 a gallon. My tire size is 265 70 17.
The GG AT2 is 46lbs.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #54
Gordie is on a distinguished road
Gordie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to decide between Grabbers, Destination A/Ts, and Revo 2s. My dealer just told me that Bridgestone is offering a $100. rebate starting April 1st on the Revo 2s ....... done deal! I've had the Revos before and have the Destination A/Ts now and the Revos win out. Hope this helps
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #55
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
fantastic I'll look around my area dealers in april for these puppies. thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #56
wstacolvr is on a distinguished road

wstacolvr's Tacoma Gallery
....I agree w/ "vtragweed" when it comes to "surveys". Just reading all the contrasting of opinions, on the same brand of tire(s), is obvious proof that polls and surveys do not necessarily gather accurate information.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #57
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Firestones, and love them, definately go with them! They accomplish everything that i need. They have great traction in snow, rain, and mud. Never had problems!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #58
Carlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud of
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
I got a set of Firestone Destination AT (265/75/16) put on today and love them so far.
Attached Thumbnails
General Grabber AT2's vs Firestone Destination A/t-img_0146.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #59
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
the reason i got the firestone is because of its available warranty. so far its a better upgrade than the stock tires. nice grip off road.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #60
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75/16 Firestone AT's. I love them. They have done great for me so far. Snow, Rain or Mud don't seem to affect these tires at all.