General Grabber AT2's vs Firestone Destination A/t

View Poll Results: General Grabber AT2's vs Firestone Destination A/T
General Grabber AT2's 376 62.35%
Firestone Destination A/T 227 37.65%
Voters: 603. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #101
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rich
Dirty Jersey's Tacoma Gallery
My general Ats are coming tomorrow. Tire rack has $50 rebate. $480 for all 4. Went from stock 215/70/15 to 235/75/15. Can't wait
Old 09-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #102
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the older general grabbers (white letters) on my company truck. I've got about 45k on them now and I'd rate them high on traction and off road performance, and average on highway performance. I'd have to rate their longetivity akin to a performance tire, they are a bit soft and showing it now.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #104
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
ATMs
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #105
SNOW197 is on a distinguished road
SNOW197's Tacoma Gallery
AT2 FOR SURE!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #106
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Go Firestone. Had a set on my last truck and they were great.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #107
C Wills is on a distinguished road

Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.cardinal1 View Post
Attachment 146212ove the general i have 285-60-18L
Do you have any side profile pictures of these tires. I was thinking about buying these .
Old 06-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #108
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
I'll look on my laptop to post. None on my phone right now since I swapped tires.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #109
rascalrider has a spectacular aura aboutrascalrider has a spectacular aura about

Name: Carroll
rascalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Just replaced a set of Firestones and they seemed really good during the time I had them(used truck purchase) gave them to my sister for her suv when I bumped up to a 17".
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #110
DERLOWE is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Rick
DERLOWE's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up STUD-ABLE

The Grabber AT2 is General Tire's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire ROCKS!

Great price and check out the mileage. They handle the heat here in AZ! and have great traction without the noise!

Here is the trick............
Discount Tire will price match with tire rack make sure you call in advance Discount does NOT stock these and if you check out General web site you may also get a $100 gift card
Old 07-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #111
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I want the Michelin ltx at2, can't believe the Firestones beat them!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #112
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
i like the firestone but i might be biased because i work for firestone but remember if you go to a firestone complete auto tell them there too expensive thell give you a discount im about to put on the revo 2s everyone i know that has them says there the best on and off road and even though we dont have snow or ice ive herd they kill in it
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #113
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Stay the fuck away from Firestone if you ever want to touch dirt, rocks, gravel, or a small puddle. By far the worst tires I have ever owned. Firestone has already replaced one tire due to a manufacturer defect that caused the tire to explode randomly while sitting in my driveway.

Here they are after 14,000 miles.
I can pull a lug off

Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #114
Penz83 is on a distinguished road

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
AT2's!!! Love them!!General Grabber AT2's vs Firestone Destination A/t-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374030874.203699.jpg
Old 07-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #115
GreyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
GreyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
Stay the fuck away from Firestone if you ever want to touch dirt, rocks, gravel, or a small puddle. By far the worst tires I have ever owned. Firestone has already replaced one tire due to a manufacturer defect that caused the tire to explode randomly while sitting in my driveway.

I can pull a lug off

Just out of curiosity, are those p rated or Lt
Old 07-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #116
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyTaco View Post
Just out of curiosity, are those p rated or Lt
p...
Old 07-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #117
UltraDuke is on a distinguished road
Navy: Chief Firecontrolman
Name: Duke
UltraDuke's Tacoma Gallery
I had destination A/T on my prerunner before I totaled her. good tires. course they didn't stop quick enough. but overall good grabbers and liked the offroad.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #118
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post

I can pull a lug off

This is a great thread. I'm on my 3rd set of General Grabber AT/2's. I am considering the Destinations for my next set. I had to replace one of my grabbers because it looked just like the above photographs. One lug was sheared off and the next was peeling up enough to show the belts underneath. I think this can happen with most tires if subjected to harsh situations.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #119
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Have the Firestone Destination A/T's on mine with almost 30K on them and wear has been phenomenal. Don't know what the guy above was saying about not touching dirt, mud, etc. For me they work great in the fields and logging roads, etc. Some who complain probably should be getting dedicated mud tires or some other specialty tire.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
Have the Firestone Destination A/T's on mine with almost 30K on them and wear has been phenomenal. Don't know what the guy above was saying about not touching dirt, mud, etc. For me they work great in the fields and logging roads, etc. Some who complain probably should be getting dedicated mud tires or some other specialty tire.
I just bought KM2's.

At the end of the day, an A/T is an A/T. If you're going to wheel HARD, then an A/T is not for you.