Notices

Hankook Dynapro MT vs Duratrac

View Poll Results: Duratrac or Hankook MT
Duratrac 44 48.35%
Hankook 47 51.65%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Psh my nittos are 81lbs a piece!
Yep, those tires are real heavy and is why I went the way I did. They are E rated right?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Yep, those tires are real heavy and is why I went the way I did. They are E rated right?
Yeah, i like how strong they are, nut i feel like they don't form around rocks when aired down and make for a bouncy off-road ride
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #23
( . ) __ ( . )
raultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
raultd's Tacoma Gallery
DynaPro
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by raultd View Post
DynaPro
just making a statement or do you have them?

not to much mention of road noise on this forum about the hankooks except from the great OZ
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
( . ) __ ( . )
raultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shedraultd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
raultd's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my FJ. Excellent grip off-road, a bit noisy when they're near the end of its life (<6-7/32nd.) As long as you rotate them every 5k, getting 35-45k is average.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
thats fine, i guess I'm just disappointed how loud the nittos got so quickly, I've never ran a tire that started so quiet and ended so loud except for the mud grapplers which were just insane. lol

i'd like to hear some more about the side walls ripping on the duratracs, what happened, what was the situation, were you aired down etc??
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just making a statement or do you have them?

not to much mention of road noise on this forum about the hankooks except from the great OZ
The road noise of the Dynapro MT's is not crazy loud , but at highway speeds became fairly significant
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The road noise of the Dynapro MT's is not crazy loud , but at highway speeds became fairly significant
hmm which i expect from any mud terrain
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #29
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmm which i expect from any mud terrain
Yeah , that pretty much sums it up , the Hankooks are " regular loud " for MT's
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #30
i guess the reason I'm so indecisive is i want to make sure I'm happy with a 1300 dollar purchase lol
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i guess the reason I'm so indecisive is i want to make sure I'm happy with a 1300 dollar purchase lol
I hear that

I still second guess my decision to go with 275/70/17 instead of 255/80/17 last time

Lol
Old 11-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I hear that

I still second guess my decision to go with 275/70/17 instead of 255/80/17 last time

Lol
the 275's look good.

i'm bummed about the nittos after how much i liked them new lol
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #33
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I dig the Hankooks man...they got my vote.

When my BFGs wear out I'm probably gonna get a set in a 295/75/16
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #34

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the 275's look good.

i'm bummed about the nittos after how much i liked them new lol
Funny thing is I decided to get the LT275 Hankook ATm's because they were advertised on a couple sites as C rated instead of getting the E rated LT255 KM2's

I just thought for me , that would be all I really need , and soften up the ride a bit

Any rate , I pull the trigger on the Hankooks , buy them through a friend who owns a local garage , over $1500 installed and that was the buddy rate

The damn things arrive and they are E rated , I say fuck it and we put them on

I found out through email with Hankook Canada that they don't and never have offered the ATm's in a C rated 275/70/17 and that the internet sites where I had seen them were incorrect

Fack
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #35
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I say Goodyear Wrangler MTRs with kevlar...that's my next tire.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #36
375 a tire vs 275 for the same size in 35's, I only work 2 days a week now so I gotta watch my budget
Old 11-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #37
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I had 3 sets of the hankook mt's and loved them. They flexed great on the trail and handled well. They were also great in deep snow and also handled great on the highway in the rain. Not too noisy either when comparing to other MT tires. But they wear out very quickly, that's why I had 3 sets. I was lucky to average about 20k miles.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #38
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
We're in the same boat. I have Nitto Trails, they were quiet when I got them, now they are loud as hell. Wanted the hankook mts or the duratracs. I'm still in the air about MT or AT thought. I think the duratracs are a more aggressive AT tire than an MT. Might go with the dynapoos, might go with the KM2s.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
We're in the same boat. I have Nitto Trails, they were quiet when I got them, now they are loud as hell. Wanted the hankook mts or the duratracs. I'm still in the air about MT or AT thought. I think the duratracs are a more aggressive AT tire than an MT. Might go with the dynapoos, might go with the KM2s.

If I lived where it snowed I would get duratracs
Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I dig the Hankooks man...they got my vote.

When my BFGs wear out I'm probably gonna get a set in a 295/75/16

Products Discussed in this Thread