Hankook Dynapro MT vs Duratrac

View Poll Results: Duratrac or Hankook MT
Duratrac 44 48.35%
Hankook 47 51.65%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #81
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
I meant going from E to D, but i have 315/70r17's, not 295's
gotcha.... 'cept da' mo' powa thang

U saying you lost some tire weight ?

yeah I know you don't have 295's
was just throwing that specific out there
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #82
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
gotcha.... 'cept da' mo' powa thang

U saying you lost some tire weight ?

yeah I know you don't have 295's
was just throwing that specific out there
those nittos weighed about 80lbs! these hankooks only weigh 65lbs
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #83
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
I have the MT RT03's in 295 and they're pretty nice. I've had them on for over 20,000 miles and they are wearing like a champ. I keep them rotated every 5,000 miles and they still look great and have plenty of tread. I know you already got yours but I guess for anybody else thinking about them, the noise is not bad at all either. Going 60 or so with the stock radio volume on about 12-15, you can't even hear them. The grip is great too. Pretty BA tires.

I had duratracs before these. They basically are a tire that looks BA, but actually isn't lol. The traction isn't terrible, but not as good as the Hankooks. They were louder than the Hankooks. They also tried to hydroplane more than the Hankooks. I guess if somebody was wanting a good looking tire, but didn't really care about the performance or function, then the Duratracs are a good option for just looks. I will also add that the Duratracs are a lot lighter and they wear really well if you keep them rotated.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #84
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Since the thread is still going even though the Original Poster bought his tires - I'll point out that it's not really fair to compare Duratracs (Goodyear's All Terrain tire) to another manufacturer's Mud Terrain tire. Naturally it's sturdier and more agressive.

The GoodYear tire to consider here is the MT/R Kevlar, which I've got 27,000 miles on, more than half the tread left, and very pleased with.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #85
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
This wasn't a competition, just the two tires that fit my budget and I felt would both have suited me. And I wouldn't consider a duratrac just an A/T, they're a pretty nice tire!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #86
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me too, but i can feel a difference stepping down from a E to an D. MOAR POWA!
Looks boss!

My Duratracs feel like 33's but also look like 33's lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
The GoodYear tire to consider here is the MT/R Kevlar, which I've got 27,000 miles on, more than half the tread left, and very pleased with.
hopefully the next set
Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #87
Matt seriously your truck will be a monster on 37's!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #88
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Pat where are you finding the weights of the Hankooks? I couldn't find any info on their site. I'm looking for 285 75 16 weight.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #89
If you pull them up in amazon they tell you how much they weigh lol for shipping purposes I'm assuming
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #90
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Haha nice: http://www.amazon.com/Hankook-DynaPr.../dp/B0055BP5S6

62 pounds...hmmm. I would have thought a little less than that, since you said the 315 70 17 weighs 65. I guess that's another benefit of 17's vs 16's.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Haha nice: http://www.amazon.com/Hankook-DynaPr.../dp/B0055BP5S6

62 pounds...hmmm. I would have thought a little less than that, since you said the 315 70 17 weighs 65. I guess that's another benefit of 17's vs 16's.
Your trucks tall, you could pull off 295's
Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #92
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Yea at least in the front it is lol. But the 295's are 65.4 lbs...so we're going in the wrong direction.

I won't sidetrack this thread with the other random MT tires I'm looking at trying to keep weight down. Thanks for the info Pat.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Yea at least in the front it is lol. But the 295's are 65.4 lbs...so we're going in the wrong direction.

I won't sidetrack this thread with the other random MT tires I'm looking at trying to keep weight down. Thanks for the info Pat.
No worries man, this thread is old i have my hankooks.

Look into the Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar, I know they are pretty light weight!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #94
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
I have the MT RT03's in 295 and they're pretty nice. I've had them on for over 20,000 miles and they are wearing like a champ. I keep them rotated every 5,000 miles and they still look great and have plenty of tread. I know you already got yours but I guess for anybody else thinking about them, the noise is not bad at all either. Going 60 or so with the stock radio volume on about 12-15, you can't even hear them. The grip is great too. Pretty BA tires.

I had duratracs before these. They basically are a tire that looks BA, but actually isn't lol. The traction isn't terrible, but not as good as the Hankooks. They were louder than the Hankooks. They also tried to hydroplane more than the Hankooks. I guess if somebody was wanting a good looking tire, but didn't really care about the performance or function, then the Duratracs are a good option for just looks. I will also add that the Duratracs are a lot lighter and they wear really well if you keep them rotated.
looks sick! I was looking at the Hankook 295's but I decided on Duratracs since I live somewhere that see's snow for 5 months of the year. For snow the Duratracs definitely hold the torch.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #95
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No worries man, this thread is old i have my hankooks.

Look into the Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar, I know they are pretty light weight!
Cool. Yea 285 75 16 MT/R's are 60 lbs, KM2's are 59, Duratracs 54, all according to tirerack. Lightest MT I've found so far are Hercules Trail Digger MT's at 53 lbs. Just not sure how I feel about a tire company I've never heard of...
Old 04-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #96
You will blow Duratracs on the desert trails here in AZ, back east they work great, but they are soft which isnt good in our heat. KM2's seem to be pretty good, not my first pick. I wanted Kevlars but couldnt justify the price
Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #97
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You will blow Duratracs on the desert trails here in AZ, back east they work great, but they are soft which isnt good in our heat. KM2's seem to be pretty good, not my first pick. I wanted Kevlars but couldnt justify the price
+1 they are soft.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #98
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
+1 they are soft.
Cool thanks for the heads-up on the Duratracs.

Looks like TrXus MT's are 'only' 58 lbs, and I like that they have some siping for the occasional Flagstaff/mountain trip. But they are even more expensive than KM2's and MT/R's, which are pretty much the same price. Decisions, decisions.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #99
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
I was debating the same thing but went with Duratracs because they were cheaper and ran in load range C. I just installed them today, we'll see how they hold up to SoCals warm climate.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #100
Havoc2004 is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry 25th Infantry Division
Name: Travis
Havoc2004's Tacoma Gallery
I joined this forum for the sole reason of thanking you of your side by side comparison of the Hankook MT to a couple of other tires. I'm thinking about these in 295 75 r16 as well currently have 285 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Maybe I won't get flogged for this here but they are for a '98 Z-71 but thanks for the comparison, it's the only one I could find on any forum!

Products Discussed in this Thread