Notices

Hankook Dynapro MT vs Duratrac

View Poll Results: Duratrac or Hankook MT
Duratrac 44 48.35%
Hankook 47 51.65%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro MT vs Duratrac

So let me hear your thoughts on my next tire Tacomaworld, i want something more light weight and not as heavy duty as my load range e Nitto trail grapplers, the size is the same for the nittos and hankooks, 315/70/17, only $20 dollar price difference per tire.

VOTE!!!

Hankooks weigh 65lbs
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...&fcb=&sw=false

Duratracs weigh 59lbs
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...&fcb=&sw=false
Nittos currently weigh 81lbs
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
me too, i was hoping the bigger 315's might be a little stronger, i know most people are running 285, not sure what that means for what load range the tire is

Matt i see you viewing this thread
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Lets just say I run Duratrac's for snow purposes, idk how they would handle AZ
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
yeah i worry about the sharp rocks when mobbing dez, even though i rarely go anymore lol
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Matt i see you viewing this thread
Edit:

meant to add get new car
jk
But they are very light, where is RJ for the hankooks??
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
i forgot to add the 300c to the poll
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
looks like the hankook it is, i am worried about another mud terrain but these are a lot less aggressive than the nittos!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I liked my Hankook MT's
hows the noise comparison vs your duratracs?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
hows the noise comparison vs your duratracs?
I never had Duratracs , I went to Hankook ATm's
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I never had Duratracs , I went to Hankook ATm's
hmm coulda sworn you had duratracs lol i guess I'm
Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
can't really speak for either tire myself but I've read about quite a few duratracs being more susceptible to sharp rocks on the sidewalls like you said...
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
The Duratracs are a good tire, but down here the soft tread will wear pretty quickly.

And as a lot of people have stated, they are susceptible to sidewall damage/punctures when used in sharp rocks. At least that is what I have read throughout the forum. Most of the trail run flats are on Duratracs...
Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at both these tires and ended up going with Mickeys MTZs. Got them for $276 a tire (315/70/17 size). I heard very mixed reviews on these, but I guess I'll have to find out for myself how decent they are. Flippin things are 68 lbs each

I'd pick the Dynos if choosing between the two mentioned.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
SO i haven't ran either tire - but i've heard many great things about the Duratracs traction. I know many people on here run them. But the HAncooks look sick!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
I'm biased towards Hankook DerpyPro's but only because i have them. I have the ATm, but I haven't had any problems after about 15k miles. just rotated them and they still look brand new.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #17
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the Hankook RT03 MT and liked them. As far as noise, more quite than my previous Firestone MT. I may go back to the Hankook MT this spring.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #18
not as much love for the duratracs as expected!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Dank Tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
The Duratracs are a good tire, but down here the soft tread will wear pretty quickly.
^

Summers I wish I could change tread!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
I was looking at both these tires and ended up going with Mickeys MTZs. Got them for $276 a tire (315/70/17 size). I heard very mixed reviews on these, but I guess I'll have to find out for myself how decent they are. Flippin things are 68 lbs each

I'd pick the Dynos if choosing between the two mentioned.
Psh my nittos are 81lbs a piece!

Products Discussed in this Thread