1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel/Tire Recommendations

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 20RC13, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Dec 6, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    20RC13

20RC13 [OP] Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport- Silver Streak Mica
    Shorty Antenna, Clear Bra, Window Tint
    Yes, I know... another one of these threads. I am very new to Toyota and want to make sure I dont make the wrong decision with bolt pattern, back spacing, offset and tire size.

I am trying to decide between these three wheels. I am looking at an 18x9 as I dont plan on doing much off roading and the setup is mainly visual (however, I would like to have the option of going on a trail). I am not against going with a 17 but just think an 18 would provide a much better look. I will be doing mostly day driving and have the occasional off roading trip when we go camping or wanna just get lost in the mountains for a day.

For right now, I wont be adding a lift but would like to go up to a 3" some day. That being said, I am considering a 265/70/18 which I have read doesnt cause any rubbing or require any trimming on stock suspension (correct???). With tires, I am completely lost. I have looked at:

1. Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor
    2. Hankook Dynapro ATM
    3. Cooper Discoverer ATP
    4. Falken Rocky Mountain ATS
    5. BFG Rugged Terrain T/A

As far as wheels go, I am down to these three. I like the XD but also love the look and price point of the ProComp

ProComp 7031
    [​IMG]

ProComp 7032
    [​IMG]

XD Misfits
    [​IMG]

Thank you in advance for any help, tips, considerations and advice!!

Products Discussed in

To Top