Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Toyo Open Country A/T II - New

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo Open Country A/T II - New

Looks like Toyo is getting on the zigzag-tread pattern bandwagon, too, joining the Hankook Dynapro ATm and Cooper ATP.

http://toyotires.com/tires/pattern/o...-terrain-tires
Still offered in P-metric for 265/75R16 114T, weighing 41 lb.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
DAM, that 65000 mile warranty will have me pricing these for the "other" ride...Michelins will now have competition...

I really like the on-road/off-road ratings.....Ridgeline does not go where the Tacoma does BUT it also travels 3000 mile round trips ..
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, a good looking tire, and has been getting good reviews. I wish it was a bit more on the aggressive side of AT, like the Duratrac, and I would be all over it.

There was a thread about this a week or so ago, with the same title, where I posted this link with reviews from EP:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...Y-A-T-II/page5
Old 12-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^your link is broken...

I think that these will likely be my next tire. I really like em
Old 12-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Found the link: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...Y-A-T-II/page5

Looks like there's an increase in road noise compared with the A/T "1", but better off road performance.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^Found the link: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...Y-A-T-II/page5

Looks like there's an increase in road noise compared with the A/T "1", but better off road performance.
Thanks, fixed mine as well.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clιment
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
Sexy sidewalls, can't wait to get some in Canada !!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
04Tacomabuild is on a distinguished road

Name: Reese
04Tacomabuild's Tacoma Gallery

Looks alot like these wild country tires!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine on about 2 months. So far so good, but no real tests. Also I got the LT version, 10ply.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Tacomabuild View Post

Looks alot like these wild country tires!
Hankook ATm:

Cooper ATP:

The Hankook and Cooper tires are similar enough that one TW member was running a 3+1 setup due to puncture and couldn't tell the difference.