Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire Rotation Q

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
Santiago is on a distinguished road
Santiago's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Rotation Q

First time rotating my tires on a '99 two-wheel drive PreRunner. Any suggestions/special instructions/warnings I should know about?

left back tire --> right front tire
right back tire --> left front tire

Thanks in advance
Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
First time rotating my tires on a '99 two-wheel drive PreRunner. Any suggestions/special instructions/warnings I should know about?

left back tire --> right front tire
right back tire --> left front tire

Thanks in advance

you can criss-cross if you want to, but it isnt really all that necessary. front to back should be fine. and dont forget to torque your lugnuts to specs.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
Thank you TacoMan06...but torquing my lugnuts to spec are waaay out of my reach, no clue on how to do this here...i thought "tight enough" was sufficient.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thank you TacoMan06...but torquing my lugnuts to spec are waaay out of my reach, no clue on how to do this here...i thought "tight enough" was sufficient.
it will more than likely be ok to get them "tight enough", but torquing the lugnuts ensures that everything is even, and it also will keep the lugs from stripping or breaking. all you gotta do is get a half inch torque wrench from autozone($25), set it to what your specs are, which is, and im guessing around 85ft/lbs, and tighten them up snug, then use the torque wrench to set them. turn the wrench until it "clicks", and you are set. by the way, welcome to tw, santiago!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
I appreciate your help here...i'll look into purchasing the type of wrench you mentioned.

and thanks for the welcome greeting as well...
Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
I appreciate your help here...i'll look into purchasing the type of wrench you mentioned.

and thanks for the welcome greeting as well...
let me know how it turns out man!!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
let me know how it turns out man!!
Its also not a bad idea to tighten the lugs in a star pattern.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdec View Post
Its also not a bad idea to tighten the lugs in a star pattern.
great point topdec!!! i forgot to mention that!!! tightening in a star pattern helps keep torque on the lugs even also!!