1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best winter tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by icecream man, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Dec 9, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    icecream man

icecream man [OP] Member

Member:
    new england
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd
    Nokya Fogs, Avs rainguards, nerf bars, ARE cap
    Yo World, I'm looking at new at's for winter because I'm NOT impressed with the Cooper's that are on there now. Was thinking about Nokian Rotiiva's. They were always great on my Subaru.

2. Dec 9, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Dec 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    the best winter tires are going to be a dedicated set of snow tires, if your looking for a good all rounder though I have to suggest mastercraft msr. I put a set on my father in laws truck last year and they are one of the best at's I've ever seen ( I have had alot of different tires bfg,goodyear,cooper,firestone,bridgestone,mickey thompson,dick cepek,interco etc)

4. Dec 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    Sitting in a discount tire shop right now, having my wheels swapped out for the winter. Don't need tires just yet, but speaking with the manager, of all the tires they sell, he highly recommended the Bridgestone blizzak- a dedicated winter tire. Hope this helps.

5. Dec 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Michelin LTX's..

2nd Honda with them and after cruising around todays "Nor-easter" the Ridgeline never missed a beat...These things wear like iron and have NO ROAD noise..50k plus and still enough tread left to let my wife drive through whatever New Hampshire throws her way...;)

I would enjoy my Tacomas new Grabber 2's to hook up like these BUT the Ridgeline will only see Michelins....:cool:

6. Dec 28, 2012 at 1:34 AM
    Deuxdiesel

Deuxdiesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE MI
    Vehicle:
    '12 Silver Streak stocker
    I just had Firestone Winterforce UV's put on my truck yesterday. 265/75/16's P metric, load rating 114, so they are larger and higher load rated than the crap stock Dunlops- I suppose anything would have been an improvement. First drive through the snow on the way home was amazing, especially when going through lumpy, unplowed back roads with 6" of snow. Only needed 4wd to keep from going all the way into the ditch when avoiding oncoming traffic that always seems to drive in the middle of the road. $495 out the door.

Products Discussed in

To Top