Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

17" stock - 265/70/17 - 1.25" spidertrax combo?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
17" stock - 265/70/17 - 1.25" spidertrax combo?

is anyone on here running 17" stock rims with 265/70/17 tires along with 1.25" spidertrax spacers?
i want to get some spidertrax spacers but i don't want to have to cut/trim or remove anything.
was wondering if anyone is running this combo and if they have had any issues with it.
thanks.
again, i know there are a ton of threads about this but it's hard to find the exact answer you want filtering through 5000 posts.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
gthupman is on a distinguished road
Name: Tripp
gthupman's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

bump it up, anyone? rubbing issues? no issues? i need my mud flaps for where i live and i don't want to cut anything.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
i'm running 265/70R7 goodyear duratracs on kmc wheel swith 4.5in of backspacing unleveled or lifted and i have rubbing issues. had to cut some of the plastic liner in front of the wheels and finally decided to remove the mudflaps b/c they were rubbing there too. i tried shaving them and cutting off as much material as possible yet keep them attached to the truck with no luck.

hope this helps a little
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
i'm running 265/70R7 goodyear duratracs on kmc wheel swith 4.5in of backspacing unleveled or lifted and i have rubbing issues. had to cut some of the plastic liner in front of the wheels and finally decided to remove the mudflaps b/c they were rubbing there too. i tried shaving them and cutting off as much material as possible yet keep them attached to the truck with no luck.

hope this helps a little
hey thanks, im thinking i will have rubbing issues, i was just hoping that still being on the stock wheels might help, hopefully someone on here is running them and can chime in. i have pm'd a couple people, seems 50/50 on having issues or not though.
i've got 5100's set at 1.75" as well if that makes much difference?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
is anyone on here running 17" stock rims with 265/70/17 tires along with 1.25" spidertrax spacers?
i want to get some spidertrax spacers but i don't want to have to cut/trim or remove anything.
was wondering if anyone is running this combo and if they have had any issues with it.
I was running this exact combo for several months until recently, when I went to aftermarket wheels and sold the spacers. Even with my 5100's at 1.75, I rubbed on the mudflaps with the spacers on.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you want spacers if the wheels/tires will fit perfectly fine as-is??
Old 12-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
I was running this exact combo for several months until recently, when I went to aftermarket wheels and sold the spacers. Even with my 5100's at 1.75, I rubbed on the mudflaps with the spacers on.
good to know, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Why would you want spacers if the wheels/tires will fit perfectly fine as-is??
just looking for a bit of wider stance/look.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Taco Shot
StreetTaco4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
StreetTaco4Me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
did you trim or just let it rub...when would it rub and how bad was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
good to know, thanks!

just looking for a bit of wider stance/look.
I also just want a wider stance...am also going to have 5100 set to 1.75 front and 1.5 Icon progressive aal in rear

I like the stance and do not want to trim