Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Real or replica?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Salt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud of

Salt's Tacoma Gallery
Real or replica?

Are these real? How do you tell?

Black FJ Wheels on Ebay.

Cheers,

Salt
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
They should have a item number or something on the back side and that should tell you the authenticity of them I believe.

Did you send them a message and ask if they are authentic?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
It's interesting they didn't give a part number anywhere that I see.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
They have those posted on Reno Craigslist too. I think on the craigslist ad it said they were authentic.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
They have those posted on Reno Craigslist too. I think on the craigslist ad it said they were authentic.
Well I can flap arms and gain lift for 3 minutes..... Don't believe everything you read.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
Well I can flap arms and gain lift for 3 minutes..... Don't believe everything you read.
Thanks for your solid contribution to this thread.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
On the Reno Craigslist ad it also said if you call the phone # ask for the parts department. Makes it sound like a dealership trying to get rid of them.

I doubt theyre fakes unless someone can point out some other fakes rolling around the web.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
On the Reno Craigslist ad it also said if you call the phone # ask for the parts department. Makes it sound like a dealership trying to get rid of them.

I doubt theyre fakes unless someone can point out some other fakes rolling around the web.
Someone bought some replicas and noted how real they looked. They he tried to sell them passing them off as real and a member or two almost buggy them.

Mr. 4x4 ended up banning him, but long story short....some replicas look pretty close to real things. An easy way to solve this is just send the seller a message and ask....
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Salt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud ofSalt has much to be proud of

Salt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm only one year into my Tacoma love affair.

How about this website and wheels?

Looks like this site is operated by Elmore Toyota in Orange County.

Anybody have feedback about this company? Looks like these wheels are legit.

Thanks,

Salt
Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
They should have a item number or something on the back side and that should tell you the authenticity of them I believe.
Since the wheels use the same mold, even authentic black wheels have the silver wheel PN cast into the back. Toyota then adds a sticker showing the black wheel's PN. It's all a stupid game IMO.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Are the lug holes in authentic black wheels also discolored like this?

Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I'm only one year into my Tacoma love affair.

How about this website and wheels?

Looks like this site is operated by Elmore Toyota in Orange County.

Anybody have feedback about this company? Looks like these wheels are legit.

Thanks,

Salt
They are a legit dealership. I worked across the street from them at Pep Boys in '82.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Buy those ASAP
Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #16

Salt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
They are a legit dealership. I worked across the street from them at Pep Boys in '82.
OK, thanks.

I just lost all my truck funds, doh...but the desire remains.

Salt