i'm totally lost with 3inch lift kit

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
youngy is on a distinguished road
youngy's Tacoma Gallery
i'm totally lost with 3inch lift kit

howdy, im noobs.
i just got my 2000 tacoma extended cap.
and im trying to put 3" suspension lift kit.
and want to put 33s.
i took it to the shop today.
they said my taco has 15x7 stock rim. and i can't get bigger rim it will rub, and i also cant put 33s it'll rub too.
so is anybody has any idea about
how can i put 33s with 3" lift w/out rubbing problems?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
first off Welcome to TW.

also i don’t know quite as much on the 1st gens. but if you are going to be off roading it a lot, try and stay a way from a spacer lifts. if you will only be going off roading to find a little camping site or fishing hole spaces maybe ok.(you get what you pay for with lifts)

also you can get bigger wheels and tires. wheels you can get 16” 17” 18” or what ever. the wheels i have looked at are usually come like 16x8 17x8, 17x9, 18x9. also as long as you get the right back spacing the wheels wont rub. also idk what or if any trimming needs to be done for 33”s on a first gen.

if you do get 33”s and have some rubbing it will be miner, and you can just trim the plastic/rubber on the inside of the wheel well. may need to do a cab mount chop. also how wide of a tire are you wanting?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
youngy's Tacoma Gallery
probably 12.5
Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngy View Post
probably 12.5
If you want 33, 12.50's you will have rubbing somewhere. With new rims with proper backspacing it will hit the pinchweld(which you just smash with a hammer till its flat) the only problem after that is you will undoubtedly hit the lower fender. I had to trim some off to stop that from rubbing. However i was able to hide the cuts with the bigger factory flares the 01+ tacos have. you can't run those on the factory rims because the 7" is to narrow u need 8"-10" to run 12.5's. IF you get 33x10.5 you can put them on stock rims but they will scrub the frame. 10.5's would require less pounding on the pinchweld, and no or minimal fender trimming.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2000 runner and clear 33's easy on stock rims with a OME 3 inch lift. My current tires are just bigger than 34's. I have a 1 inch body lift so I an pit 35's on. I know you can run 33's with a toytec 3in lifts well. I also have spidertrax wheel spacers though.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Banned
2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of2012expedition has much to be proud of
EMS: BC Paramedic
2012expedition's Tacoma Gallery
Just do the 3" lift and put 32's on it. So much easier, the extra inch of tire only transmitts to .5 inch more of lift.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I would go with.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Most people on here will prolly tell you to go this route but everyone is horny for the 5100's here. I have had both no difference really from me.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I would still get wheel spacers. To run the 33's.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
youngy's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everybody i might put 16" rims and 265/75r16 tires.
i have another question.
is 16x8 raceline raptor black rim will fit on my taco?
this rim has 4.5bs
Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngy View Post
thanks everybody i might put 16" rims and 265/75r16 tires.
i have another question.
is 16x8 raceline raptor black rim will fit on my taco?
this rim has 4.5bs
You can run 265/75r16 tires with no lift at all. It is about 31.65" tall. If you choose that size I would say don't get a lift at all, maybe upgrade shocks to something better is all.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Does BushWhacker make cut out flares for the first gens?? You could probably be close to running 255/85R16 on stock suspension with them.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Hey OP, it can be done.. I have a 00 Extra Cab that runs a 16x9 inch wheel. with 33/13/16 TSLs on a 3 inch left, with the tires at full lock they rub the frame a little. and you will need to beat your pinch welds back.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
00tbaytaco is on a distinguished road

00tbaytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just went through the same thing with your identical truck. I decided to go with bilstein 5100/eibach coil for the front and bilstein/OME dakkar leafs in the rear, with this I fit 33x12.5 tires on 15x10 rims. I dont remember the offset on the rims but its alot. I only rub slightly near the pinch weld, and this will be fixed as soon as I install my Bushwacker 3" cut out flares. To fit 33x12.5 you dont need wheel spacers but you will want to buy flares. My tires stick out a full 2 inches from the stock fender, and I only have half an inch of clearance to my frame and upper control arm.

Theres my truck

These are the fender flares im talking about.

I was thinking of going the full OME kit, but you get a bit more lift with the bilstein/eibach combo. Also I don't recommend running an AAL. Its fine if you are on a budget, but on a 12 year old truck the stock leafs are already going to be pretty bagged. Putting an AAL on worn out leafs is only going to prolong their lift slightly. My leafs were almost flat when I pulled them off, and the top one was snapped at the middle bolt. Better off to spend the extra $200 for full leafs, since you probably will eventually anyway.

Just give toytec a call, theyre very helpful with deciding what will work best for you. The truck rides 100 times better now with the all new suspension then it did stock. Much better than dicking around with spacer lifts and AALs.

If you have any other questions PM me.