Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

what wheels to go with? trying to decide.

View Poll Results: what wheel should I choose?
Pro Comp 7089 16x8 16 61.54%
Raceline Renegade 6 16x8 3 11.54%
KMC Enduro 16x8 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
BCTRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
BCTRD's Tacoma Gallery
what wheels to go with? trying to decide.

Hello Everyone! Im new here but have been reading posts for a while now.
I have a 2nd GEN 2008 TRD Off-Road AC and I am wanting to get some wheels/tires in the near future but am having a hard time deciding what to go with.

There is pretty well 3 wheels I have narrowed it down too.

#1 Pro comp 7089

#2 raceline renegade 6

#3 KMC Enduro

I have read quite a bit about these wheels on the site and from what I can gather ALL these wheels will fit my truck in a 16x8 ????? Is that 100% true or what do I need to do to make them fit? I am leaning towards the pro comps and know a lot of guys have them. seemed to me some guys said they fit and some said they did not. Why do some say different things?

If you have any of these 3 wheels can you post your opinions and like-dislikes about the wheels and if I will have any issues with fitment on my truck.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
what wheels to go with? trying to decide.-7089.jpg   what wheels to go with? trying to decide.-raceline_renegade_6_blk.jpg.jpg   what wheels to go with? trying to decide.-kmcxd_enduro_b_ci3_l.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 7089. Been looking at getting some. Your questions are my questions exactly. Ive asked around and have gotten the same answers.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
BCTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
I have the procomps and they fit just fine.
Do you know anything about having to shave down the brake callipers?
I heard some guys doing that. Are your wheels very close to the callipers and
do you have any idea are your prerunner discs/callipers the same size as my
off road TRD ones?

thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
BCTRD's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I'd say none of those, but IF I had no choice I'd at least go with the KMCs. Personally I think they're all bland and typical played out black but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTRD View Post
Do you know anything about having to shave down the brake callipers?
I heard some guys doing that. Are your wheels very close to the callipers and
do you have any idea are your prerunner discs/callipers the same size as my
off road TRD ones?

thanks!
I had no problem with the calipers. Everything should be all good, I wouldn't worry about anything.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
I like the raceline wheels but I would get black center caps or paint them black
Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the Enduros...love them but going to get some Double Standards in the near future.

If you want a good deal on some black 16X8 Enduros that look brand new (I also have the center caps that have never been used) then keep a look out and mine will be on sale...possibly with my 285/75/R16 General Grabber AT2s in March once I get back home.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
i got the racelines and they fit just fine