Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TRD Off Road and FJ Trail Teams lug compatiblilty

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Off Road and FJ Trail Teams lug compatiblilty

I did a bunch of digging before posting this, just cant seem to find a definitive answer. I think I know but I figure I might as well ask for verification.

I just picked up a set of 16" Trail Teams, but they did not come with lugs.

So question 1: Are they supposed to come with lugs?

Question 2: Will the stock TRD Off Road lugs work with the Trail teams?

Near as I can tell from the threads I read is that the Trail Teams require the mag seat with washer style lugs. I believe this is the same style as the TRD Off Road lugs. Can anyone confirm this?

Again, I am sure this has probably been covered I just had no luck finding it. Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGU3 PR3DATOR View Post
I did a bunch of digging before posting this, just cant seem to find a definitive answer. I think I know but I figure I might as well ask for verification.

I just picked up a set of 16" Trail Teams, but they did not come with lugs.

So question 1: Are they supposed to come with lugs?

Question 2: Will the stock TRD Off Road lugs work with the Trail teams?

Near as I can tell from the threads I read is that the Trail Teams require the mag seat with washer style lugs. I believe this is the same style as the TRD Off Road lugs. Can anyone confirm this?

Again, I am sure this has probably been covered I just had no luck finding it. Thanks
Your stock mag style lugs will work on the TT wheels. I'm not 100% positive, but I think if you were to buy them new, they do not come with lugs.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
TacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud of

Marines: Embarker
TacoDanny's Tacoma Gallery
I am using lugs from my Offroad rims on my trail teams and works fine.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome, Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
They should have came with lugs nuts . They do when you order new . Probably have to hit up toyota .
Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
They do come with lugs when you buy new. The luggs are packed in one of the corners in the box with the rim.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good351 View Post
They do come with lugs when you buy new. The luggs are packed in one of the corners in the box with the rim.
Thats what I thought, but mine did not come with them. I bought the wheels new from a wheel and tire place though and not straight from Toyota. Not sure how they were able to get them. Wonder if that had something to do with it.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
Blk04SR is on a distinguished road

Blk04SR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats what I thought, but mine did not come with them. I bought the wheels new from a wheel and tire place though and not straight from Toyota. Not sure how they were able to get them. Wonder if that had something to do with it.
I just got mine new from Toyota and they came with lugs and caps.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk04SR View Post
I just got mine new from Toyota and they came with lugs and caps.
Damn ok. Well I guess at least I got the caps. Dont suppose the lugs came in a bag with a part number?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #10
Blk04SR is on a distinguished road

Blk04SR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn ok. Well I guess at least I got the caps. Dont suppose the lugs came in a bag with a part number?
I'll check on that when I get home. I am pretty sure you can use the stock offroad lugs...just from looking a the FJ wheels.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk04SR View Post
I'll check on that when I get home. I am pretty sure you can use the stock offroad lugs...just from looking a the FJ wheels.
I think you are correct, but I was under the impression the lugs that should have come with my wheels were black.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
TACO1267 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
TACO1267's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my FJ Rims last week and they came with lugs, in a small box inside the main box. They are silver not black and longer on the nut side. Stock lugs will work though.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO1267 View Post
I just installed my FJ Rims last week and they came with lugs, in a small box inside the main box. They are silver not black and longer on the nut side. Stock lugs will work though.
By nut side, I assume you mean the nut portion is longer versus the Off Road Lugs, but both have the same length other half, whatever You might call it. And when you say FJ wheels, do you mean the normal ones or the Trail Teams?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
TACO1267 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
TACO1267's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the nut is longer, 1in whereas stock is 1/2in. threaded end is the same. I installed the FJ Trail Team rims.