Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

$200.00, Is this a good deal?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
$200.00, Is this a good deal?

Customer from my work wants to sell me 4 16x8 M/T rims. He said they have a neg. 12mm offset. They have the M/T logo. They had a natural aluminum finish but as you can see he painted them white. No center caps, beadlocks or lug nuts. No road rash. He wants $200.00 firm for all 4. He gave me 2 of them to test fit on my truck, they clear the tundra calibers on my 4runner, but i would install them on my 04 4x4 taco after it's lifted. I would have to strip them and re-paint them flat black and purchase the locks and lugs. All 4 bare rims, are they worth 200.00? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
0.00, Is this a good deal?-007.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Id get them, but thats just me 200$ for a set of 700 dollar wheels seems legit!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
those gunmetal or black would be sick!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't get em I'll take em! but yeah I say go for it, that's a steal! If you don't like em you could probably just turn around and sell em for a few bucks profit
Old 12-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #6
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, i'm gonna buy them today. I did'nt know that these wheels were 700.00 new. I found the M/T locks with mounting hardware for 42.00 a piece.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dogs too!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #9

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
I bought'em today. Now i have to either strip them or sand them to get them ready for paint. Wishbone runner $300., that was a better deal than mine because you got the beadlock rings included in the sale. I like the color you chose, now i'm not 100% on painting mine black. I'm gonna read here about stripping/painting aluminum wheels. The seller applied 1 coat of primer and 4 coats of semi-gloss white. The seller bought them to install on his white late model FJ, but they rubbed his calibers, he did'nt test fit'em first. Thanks for the compliment on my dogs, both rescued pitbulls. They love road trips in the 4runner!
Attached Thumbnails
0.00, Is this a good deal?-001.jpg  
Old 12-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
If you look through my thread, I painted them grey, and then 2 weeks later just cleaned them with rubbing alcohol and threw on another 4 coats of the graphite. If they had not been used (ie. no scratches or wear on the paint) you should be good just either cleaning them or using some 600-1000 grit just to give them a little bite. Good luck and post up the results!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #11

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Will do, thanks.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #12

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
I finally got around to painting and installing my wheels. Hope you don't mind Wishbone but i stole your color idea. I used some scotchbrite to rough up the white paint then cleaned them with rubbing alcohol, as Wishbone suggested, then applied 2 coats of rustoleum primer then 3 coats of rustoleum graphite wheel paint. I'm not 100% on the white letters showing, i may switch the blackwalls out at work. When i get my taco up and runnin' i'm gonna mount 285's on these wheels and install them on that, but for now they're on my runner.
Attached Thumbnails
0.00, Is this a good deal?-003.jpg   0.00, Is this a good deal?-001.jpg   0.00, Is this a good deal?-002.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #13
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Holy hell they look GREAT. Normally I am a white lettering out guy, but for your application I'd go all black on the tires.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #14

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dave. Yea i agree, i'm gonna switch them around today on my lunch break. Honestly i think the tires need to have a aggressive tread to compliment a wheel like this, i may mount up my stockers until some new all terrain tires are in my budget. I'm undecided.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #15
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
For a little over $200 investment and a little work on your part those wheels were a major score. Look sweet.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
That turned out really nice.

+1 for white letters in.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #17

68dave's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted and balanced my tires back on the stock wheels today at work. Once i get my lift and more aggressive tires i'll pop them back on. Thanks for the compliments!