Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will my 255/70R17 Tires Fit on my 9" wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Will my 255/70R17 Tires Fit on my 9" wheels?

As the title states, I am trying to use some Revo 2's with about 50% tread life on them on my new Konig Six Shooter wheels. Tires are 255/70R17 and wheels are 17x9". I've called some shops, asked some "techs" online with no useful advice. The manufacturer spec calls for up to 8.5" wheel, so I am wondering if I can fit the tires on the wheels and if there are any issues with it as I spend most of my time on the highway. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cintocrunch View Post
As the title states, I am trying to use some Revo 2's with about 50% tread life on them on my new Konig Six Shooter wheels. Tires are 255/70R17 and wheels are 17x9". I've called some shops, asked some "techs" online with no useful advice. The manufacturer spec calls for up to 8.5" wheel, so I am wondering if I can fit the tires on the wheels and if there are any issues with it as I spend most of my time on the highway. Thanks in advance.
You've got all the info anyone can give you right there. It will physically fit, but it's not recommended.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You've got all the info anyone can give you right there. It will physically fit, but it's not recommended.
I know, I'm just seeing if anyone has experience with this...I hate to ditch a perfectly good set of tires...
Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
+1. Tire manufacturers list their specs for safety and performance reasons. I would definitely stay within the manufacturer's recommended specs.