Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cant Rotate Tire?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Cant Rotate Tire?

Went to Wal Mart earlier today to get my tires rotated and balanced. It would have been $32 for the life time of the tires seemed like a good deal, means i dont have to mess with them. After dropping the truck off at the service department I walk around the store to wait for them to finish. I get called over the loud speaker to come to the service department, when I walk up and I am told that they can not rotate my tires because of uneven wear......the guy also commented saying my tires were no good because uneven wear although he did say I have a lot of tread. Am i wrong in that the reason you rotate your tires is for uneven wear. Ive had my tires for 10,000 miles ive rotated them myself once. Every 5000 mile I rotate my tires. Homestly I feel the guy was lazy and didnt want to deal with my tires. If you want something done right do it your self.

Sorry I needed to vent this really pissed me off. But please if Im in the wrong and the service department is right in not being able to rotate my tires by all means inform me of this.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
You're supposed to rotate them BECAUSE of uneven wear. That's the point to wear them down evenly at all angles. Just grab a couple two ton jacks and a jack and do it yourself. Unless they need to be balanced. But yeah that guy sounds like a lazy ass
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That was point I wanted to make. But I figured it would be useless to argue with him because he had done made up his mind and dint want to do it. For some reason I always get comments when i take my truck for service of how heavy my tires are gonna be and they are going to need help. Probably just do it myself.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
hetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud of
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
If the tires are non-stock for the vehicle, they can't work on them...I only use walmart for service when no one else is open and I need a battery or a tire plugged or such.

Howard
Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Drive it like a 4WD

Yea i know walmart is not a good choice but its a deal when on a budget. I went to another shop and told them what i was told. After putting the tires on the balance machine i was told there is no uneven wear on any of the tires and they are all in great shape. So i would like to send a big FU to the lazy ass at walmart that didnt want to do his job.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
Yea i know walmart is not a good choice but its a deal when on a budget. I went to another shop and told them what i was told. After putting the tires on the balance machine i was told there is no uneven wear on any of the tires and they are all in great shape. So i would like to send a big FU to the lazy ass at walmart that didnt want to do his job.
Call 1800 walmart number and file a complaint. They will more than likely give you a gift card or something for your troubles.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
Call 1800 walmart number and file a complaint. They will more than likely give you a gift card or something for your troubles.
Good point worth a try.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any good tire shops around? While 32 bucks is certainly not bad, a couple places around me will rotate your tires for free. Even if you didn't get them there.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
Good point worth a try.
It will work. In a previous life I was assistant manager at Walmart.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Blame it on the attorneys.

You rotate the tires to even out the wear.

But now, companies are paranoid about lawsuits, so they make sure that the tires with the good tread are on the rear so rather than spinning out, the front end simply "pushes".
Oversteer is extremely dangerous and can easily result in a spin.

So if your rear tires are in better shape than the front, more and more shops won't rotate them.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
And go to Discount/Americas.
For $10/tire, even if you didn't buy it there, you can buy lifetime rotation and balance every 5000 miles.