Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tried and true: All Terrain tire options

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
Tried and true: All Terrain tire options

I want to get rid of my Rugged Trail tires. I have considered going with skinny tires, but I think I'm going to stick with 265/75 16 on the factory wheels. I'm looking for an aggressive all terrain that is rated for severe snow.

So far:
BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO - Classic and indestructible.
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac - Relatively new kid on the block.
Kelly Safari TSR - ?

Are there any other recommendations from the board? Tires that you would be thrilled to win a lifetime supply of?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
I like my current Hankook RT03's
more then my prior BFG KMII's

* for just about every reason.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
General Grabber AT2 or Hankook Dynapros

I never had any issues with my Grabbers. I hear a lot of good things about the Dynapros, but I never owned them.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Just got to try out my duratracs in deep snow last night and they were awesome
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Only tire I can speak of is my Grabber AT2's...

1st real test has been these 2 new storms NH has had and these things "hook-up" NICE...even with no weight in the back ( my spare is there until TOYOTA repairs a part )

Being LT's they do offer a much stiffer ride than my P-series BUT then again those lugs are made for traction -FUN ...not Michelin quiet....

I am biased towards Michelins LTX's BUT only on my Hondas....TW world gives too many good tire deals to spend the serious $$$ for the Tacoma...
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook RF10s are a GREAT severe snow tire. I just went from then to Duratracs for something more aggressive. The Hankooks got about 60k on them and still have acceptable tread, I would highly recommend them, or now the Duratracs, the DTs are going to get worse MPGs, but better off road traction.