Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

aftermarket wheels on stock suspension

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
aftermarket wheels on stock suspension

I've never had aftermarket rims for either of my past trucks. I've always wanted some but never got any. I've got new tires 265/70/16 on my truck when I bought it new to me. I like the look of the tires sticking outside the fenders just a little. I want to stay with a 16" rim but not sure of backspacing and offset
Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what you're asking? Might help if you posted pics of how far you wanted them to stick out out or just described how far out you like it.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If I had to guess an inch or two maybe. I'm not sure what the norm is with a 16x8" rim and 265/70/16 for now.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
4" backspacing looks pretty good on a 16x8 wheel. Most rims are 0mm offset or like -11mm offset with that backspacing. Or 4.5" back spacing but i like 4" bs.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
4" backspacing looks pretty good on a 16x8 wheel. Most rims are 0mm offset or like -11mm offset with that backspacing. Or 4.5" back spacing but i like 4" bs.
4" leads to rubbing on second gens.

OP if you want the tires to stick out but it rub, go with a wheel that is 16x8 with 4.5" of backspacing. They will stick out ~2" more than stock