Notices

spidertrax 1.25" with stock wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Mountainguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
Mountainguy's Tacoma Gallery
spidertrax 1.25" with stock wheels

Been on the hunt for some info. Searches seem to find threads going in all kinds of different directions.
I am thinking about buying the spidertrax 1.25 wheels spacers to use on my 4x4 with an OME lift, stock wheels and a 265/75r/16 tire.

Will the inclusion of the spacers result in any extra rubbing? I Do not what to have to do any trimming .

Thanks for your help.

Oh.....Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Mountainguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
Mountainguy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,
Discussions seem to go in all kinds of weird directions about Offset/Backspacing, tire size, lift, trimming, ego stroking. It all gets a little A.D.D. to me.
I appreciate the short answer.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainguy View Post
Thanks,
Discussions seem to go in all kinds of weird directions about Offset/Backspacing, tire size, lift, trimming, ego stroking. It all gets a little A.D.D. to me.
Glad to help.
Just an FYI - Rubbing becomes an issue with 285's
With a 265/75r16 you are safe with or without spacers.
IMO the spacers give the stock wheels a nicer stance.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainguy View Post
Thanks,
You only have to worry about that stuff with bigger tires and wider rims.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
You only have to worry about that stuff with bigger tires and wider rims.
X2 265 are perfect
Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
Blk04SR is on a distinguished road

Blk04SR's Tacoma Gallery
x3 I run a 265/75/16 with now rubbing on a 2" lift in the front. I run a 1.25" spacer in the front only because I like the wider stance on my stock wheels.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
LowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dustin
LowHangingFuries's Tacoma Gallery
Worthless without pics
Old 01-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Hard to tell in this picture, but I'm running 265/70/16

I'll try to snap a head on photo
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
LowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dustin
LowHangingFuries's Tacoma Gallery
You can definitely tell in the front.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowHangingFuries View Post
You can definitely tell in the front.

Here is a picture I just took, it give it a meaner stance and if I had aggressive tires it would look even better.

Edit: I also have spindles which make the tires stick out a little more
Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

I figured you had spindles cause they looked like they stuck out a little to much with just wheel spacers.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
I just added Spidertrax 1.25" spacers to my stock TRD Offroad wheels with 265/75/R16 tires. I'm now paranoid that bad things will happen because of all the negative comments on spacers. Mainly, premature wheel bearing failure. However, for every poo poo comment about spacers there is an "I've had spacers for years and wheel like a 'mofo' and I've had no problems" comment. I'm seriously debating removing them solely to prevent unnecessary wear and tear, but I actually like the look.

Bottom line: What's the real story with spacers (more specifically Spidertrax)? Are they just fine and cause no issues, or are they potentially dangerous and burn through wheel bearings?

With 5.25" backspacing and +32mm offset of my stock 16x7 wheels, the 1.25" spacers change that to 4" of backspacing. In my simple-minded logic, that puts the wheel bearings closer to the center of my rims than without the spacers, and that seems like a good thing. Am I wrong?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #16
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my 1.25 spider trax for 3 years now on stock rims. Haven't had issues with wheel bearing and I have ran tires from 31-33 and they also have some hard offroad/street miles on them I live in the canyon. If your gunna get spacers then go for Spidertrax.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #17
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
^^ good info