Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will 255/85/16 fit on stock 2013 Taco

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Okay. Good to know. Maybe the backspacing won't help. Anyhows, I'm gonna get what's coming to me. I'll share with tw the outcome. Possibly in my own thread.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #22
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I think those trd rims will work out good with the 255s, the backspacing isnt to aggresive on those at all. Plus they look awesome. Good luck! Im curiuos to know the outcome.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #23
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
^^Thanks!^^
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #24
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
^^Thanks!^^
Pics when it's done??
Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
Abso-freakin-lutely
Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #27
Hey, if it rubs, it rubs. 5100's @ .85 inside the eibachs will probably fix it. That's all.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
Pics when it's done??
It's done.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Subbed for the rub report
The right front tire rubs the mud flap when making a right turn. It happens between the start of the turn and full lock. There's a sweet spot before full steering lock to the right where the tire rubs the mud flap.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #30
My plan is to trim and keep the mud flaps...hopefully.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #31
I like the ride too much to lift it any more.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #32
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! By the looks of it, it will take a good amount of trimming to keep you from rubbing when the suspension is flexed.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #33
Thanks Evan! Yeah, I'll drive it up one of my old service ramps to see where it makes contact.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
Fiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fiveology's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's done.
Looks great! If you wheel it you will probably have some rubbing in the rear. Mine just catch the inside top of the wheel well when really flexed up in the back. I had no issues up front after I lost the mud flaps and reformed some plastic with a heat gun, even off road.

Here's mine, I do have a 3" lift though so my experience may differ slightly from yours.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #35
That looks great Fiveology! I didn't even think to reshape the plastic it's hitting with heat. Couldn't keep the mudflaps huh? That's the only significant rubbing I have. I'm going to try and trim where it hits to keep them.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #36
Fiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fiveology's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That looks great Fiveology! I didn't even think to reshape the plastic it's hitting with heat. Couldn't keep the mudflaps huh? That's the only significant rubbing I have. I'm going to try and trim where it hits to keep them.
No I could have kept them, just knew they would get ripped off the first time I went wheeling so I removed them. I did have some rub at the mudflaps, but really nothing significant.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #37
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.

these might be my next tire size.. 235/85R16 now on a stock TRD Sport.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #38
hellajon is on a distinguished road
hellajon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveology View Post
Looks great! If you wheel it you will probably have some rubbing in the rear. Mine just catch the inside top of the wheel well when really flexed up in the back. I had no issues up front after I lost the mud flaps and reformed some plastic with a heat gun, even off road.
Hey fiveology, when you said you were rubbing in the back fully stuffed, that is with the 3in lift, right? If so, what kind of lift did you do in the back? I'm looking at getting the dakar leaf package and I'm wondering if it will make a difference when fully stuffed.

Also, do you loose a considerable amount of flex when you go up to a 255/85/16?
Old 04-21-2013, 03:04 AM   #39
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
255/85/16 BFG KM2s on 1st Gen TRDs (4.5"BS) originaly 3" OME lift with 885s & Dakars with mud flaps (-4" before lift & tires).

Now at 2 3/4" after adding sliders, a full set of skids & 1/4" top plate spacers.

The only place I've ever rubbed was the bump on the mud flaps (3 times so far) if I bounce the front too hard at full lock.