Tire Question!? Help?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Go Hard In The Trails!
RoyalThunder is on a distinguished road

RoyalThunder's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Question!? Help?

I currently run 265/75R16 wheels on this
and i wonder if i upgrade to 285/75R16 will it make it a bit higher?

also what do you guys think about wheel spacers? i was thinking of getting 1 inch for a steadier ride on turns

Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Stepping up to 285/75/16 will make your truck sit 1/2" taller.

I've never heard of anyone reporting better handling with wheel spacers. People only run them to clear the UCA's with 285 width tires, if the wheels themselves don't have the proper backspacing to do so.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
285's would make a slender difference.

Wheel spacers won't promote better turning.

It looks like you're running a spacer lift, I hated the ride of my worn out front springs with those horrid spacers. Very bouncy and plushy, a ton of body roll.

If I were you, I'd look at stiffer springs if you're having uncomfortable body roll while turning.